8 replies to this topic

#1 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

Just found out that they are pre-recording an appearance from Tamsin this Saturday morning; I expect this will be show in the results show (?)

#2 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(freckles @ Apr 28 2010, 04:51 PM) View Post
Just found out that they are pre-recording an appearance from Tamsin this Saturday morning; I expect this will be show in the results show (?)

What did you think of the performance? I wasn't particularly wow-ed. I'm not sure Tamsin is the best dancer, her vocals surprised me. Very sweet and precise. My knowledge of her stage work is very limited... can she belt numbers out?

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

I thought it was awful. Claire, Amy, Danielle and Emilie did a better job of thatsong!

#4 argen

argen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:30 AM

i didn't particulary liked that performance..but then again.. i'm not a fan of that song..
So far.... Wicked / Spring Awakening / Beauty & The beast / We will rock you / Cats / Cabaret / Avenue Q/ Piaf / The lion King / The sound of music / Hairspray / Sweet Charity / The producers / Rent /Tick Tick Boom! / The last 5 Years / Sister Act / Oliver / I love you, youre perfect, now change / Chicago / Legally Blonde / La Cage aux folles / Hair / Tap Dogs /Jersey Boys / Drowsy Chaperone / Spiderman Turn of the dark / Memphis / The Addams Family / Million Dollar Quartet / Priscilla Queen of the Desert / American Idiot / Mary Poppins / In the Heights/ Betwixt / Crazy for you / Viva Forever / Singing in the rain / Ordinary Days / Les Miserables / Next to normal / Dreamboats and petticoats / Rock of Ages /

#5 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:35 AM

I thought her dancing & vocal OK but she didn't have much of a spark about her. It must be difficult to perform the number out of context though, a completely different thing to a vastly shortened, designed for TV performance as the Dots had to do in Week 1 (with much less choreography).

I heard that she needed a few takes before it was OK too, perhaps she was a bit jaded by the final one?! And she was coming down with something when the recording was made (the Sat before SC opening night on 4th May); she did miss some performances later that week. No excuse really, but just what I've heard.

I saw Tiffany Graves in the role of Charity, who was excellent and, based on Tamsin's OTR performance, I think I prefer Tiffany. But I hope to go back to see Tamsin play the whole show & then I can make my mind up properly.

BTW, my ticketing source tells me that there is another pre-record this Saturday morning of Sierra Boggess from Love Never Dies, so coming up either this week or in the final!

#6 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3760 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:11 PM

Did Tamsin do the Saturday matinee after the recodring of that performance which I actually thought was excellent. It's just that I'm see LND this saturday matinee, and am wondering whether Sierra will be on?

#7 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Pharaoh @ May 13 2010, 06:11 PM) View Post
Did Tamsin do the Saturday matinee after the recodring of that performance which I actually thought was excellent. It's just that I'm see LND this saturday matinee, and am wondering whether Sierra will be on?

It was recorded the Thursday of the week before. ie 29 April

#8 Danube

Danube

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

When she first started I thought she was doing really well, but she didn't have the vocal ability to take the song anywhere.

I agree it's hard to transfer something designed for the stage to tv, but I think she handled that side of things well enough, but she's got plenty of tv experience and if it was a multi-take pre-record then there wouldn't have been any excuses.

I'm glad we are finally getting some performances from other shows by other performers in the results show.  It's the ideal opportunity to plug musical theatre in general, and generate some goodwill from those involved with the other shows.  Sadly, I suspect getting Tasmin to perform was part of the deal of having her be a mentor, and paves the way nicely for ALW to have his own show plugged next week.

#9 Guest_Des_*

Guest_Des_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE(Danube @ May 13 2010, 10:39 PM) View Post
When she first started I thought she was doing really well, but she didn't have the vocal ability to take the song anywhere.

I agree it's hard to transfer something designed for the stage to tv, but I think she handled that side of things well enough, but she's got plenty of tv experience and if it was a multi-take pre-record then there wouldn't have been any excuses.

I'm glad we are finally getting some performances from other shows by other performers in the results show.  It's the ideal opportunity to plug musical theatre in general, and generate some goodwill from those involved with the other shows.  Sadly, I suspect getting Tasmin to perform was part of the deal of having her be a mentor, and paves the way nicely for ALW to have his own show plugged next week.

In answer to your question about the matinee, it was recorded at 10 o clock on the previous Saturday morning, and Tamzin did indeed do both shows that day so you should be fine to see Sierra in the afternoon.

She did two and a half takes straight through and the reason she had to do it more than once is because she was suffering with severe bronchitis and couldn't catch her breath.

And it wasn't part of the original deal of her being a mentor, but something requested later, to tie in with the fact that the girls were invited to press night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users