44 replies to this topic

#21 Tintin

Tintin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

Harriet Harman would be ideal as the wicked witch in The Wizard Of Oz, with Mandelson as the leader of the Munchkins. Jack Straw as, who else, but the Straw Man, and Brown as the Tin Man, going rusty very rapidly. As for Toto, how about Ed Balls, frantically yapping away about nothing of any consequence? And the Cowardly Lion? Well, almost any of the cabinet members could play the part with ease.
You can see which party I won't be voting for.

#22 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:18 AM

Instead of all that prattle at the debates, they should have had to do a Shakespearean soliloquy/speech and we could have voted for the best.

Hamlet's soliloquy - To be, or not to be: that is the question!!!!!!!!

#23 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

Off-topically, I have done my democratic duty. I was torn over whether to vote with my heart or vote with my head. In the end I decided to vote with a pencil on a piece of string. I think, on the whole, that was probably the best choice.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#24 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

Less messy too Matthew!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#25 Allie

Allie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

I also voted with a pencil, after quite a lot of reading round and deciding what I think would be best for me. Selfish way of doing it perhaps, but with the mess the country is in and so much needing to be done there was too much to go any other way except which party is going to help the country therefore me the best.

We'll see how we get on tonight I guess!

Pity the child with no such weapons
No defence, no escape from the ties that bind

Love Allie x

#26 MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:07 PM

I've voted for the same party for almost forty years and my candidate has never got in so I'll be off again tonight to do it all over again knowing that I'll get the same result blink.gif
I really think everybody should vote even if you don't want any of them then just put none of the above (done that once for locals) but just get out there and make your feelings known. If you don't vote then you have no right to moan about the Government afterwards.

#27 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Allie @ May 6 2010, 12:37 PM) View Post
I also voted with a pencil, after quite a lot of reading round and deciding what I think would be best for me. Selfish way of doing it perhaps

Not at all, that is the entire basis of the democratic system.

#28 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

Yes, but only if you consider that what is best for society is best for you. It is far from true that everyone exercises his or her vote in accordance with narrow self-interest.

#29 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ May 6 2010, 11:20 AM) View Post
Off-topically, I have done my democratic duty. I was torn over whether to vote with my heart or vote with my head. In the end I decided to vote with a pencil on a piece of string. I think, on the whole, that was probably the best choice.

I did my democratic duty. Unfortunately there wasn't a candidate for the All Singing, All dancing Musical Theatre Party, so I had to vote for one of the usual suspects!!

#30 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

There was an amateur production of Noises Off being performed in another room at my polling station tonight.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users