• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tony (the other one)

Tony (the other one)

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:01 PM

I am off to NYC in a month and am planning to see Chorus Line and one other show.

I really want to see Grey Gardens but am wondering if my other half would like it.... Do you think you really need to know the background and do you think that someone who knows nothing about it will find it engaging...?

Cheers everyone... wub.gif

#2 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1027 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

Hola

Have you heard the score?

It reminds me of Follies in a way. Full of fabulous pastiche and with some great book songs. I havenít heard the new songs yet. Iím waiting until I see the show. Which is a few weeks before your trip. Tehehehehe. After then Iíll fill you in (oi,oi).

Iím quite tempted to watch the film before I see the musical, but Iím really not sure ??? Does J like the idea of the show? Perhaps the DVD could be a way into it?

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#3 The Man In the Chair

The Man In the Chair

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

I saw the show at the end of January .... don't miss the chance to see an amazing performance by Christine Ebersole! I had seen the documentary several years ago and knew the score but my companions saw the show not knowing the story or the score and absolutely loved it   smile.gif

Although i had seen the documentary i would encourage you not to watch it first Reich .... see the performance, then marvel at how completely that character has been translated onto the stage when you watch the dvd afterwards.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:30 PM

NT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users