5 replies to this topic

#1 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

Is anyone going to the live events this weekend? I'm going to the one in Leeds tomorrow. Any idea what we might be singing or will it just be Over the Rainbow?
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#2 Phoebe-again

Phoebe-again

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

I didn't apply as I have a major exam on the following Tuesday and this weekend will be all revision. sad.gif My friend is going though and I'm very jealous of her. I know some ex-Dorothys also take part, so Amy/Bronte/Dani/Emilie could be there. Have a nice time!

Phoebe biggrin.gif

#3 Katie1989

Katie1989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

I'm going to the Tuesday one in London.  On twitter they asked people   what they wanted to sing at it but didn't mention anything else after   that!  Hope you have fun,make sure you tell us all about it rolleyes.gif  I'm excited about it now as it's something different   although I pity the person sitting next to me because I don't have the   best singing voice lol!

#4 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

Haha, I pitty the people on my train on the way there! It says warm up before you get there so me and my friend decided to warm up on the train!

I'll post my experience tomorrow when I get home.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#5 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

Okay, sorry to double post but I've just got back from Leeds.

The Live Event was really enjoyable! Jodie Prenger was there along with Amy, Bronte and Dani, the Rainbow Band and BBC Singers. First, the BBC Singers can on and sang a medley/mash-up of all the songs we were going to be singing, next one of the singers got us all warmed up vocally and physically, then we sang Follow The Yellow Brick Road in canon in three different groups. Next, Jodie came on to the stage and sang "I've Got Rhythm" by George Gershwin to which we next sang along. Then the Dorothy's came on and sang Over The Rainbow. We joined in on the Middle Eight (Some day I'll wish upon a star...) and they invented a new Coda which we sang in canon in our groups. Then we had a 10 minute break. Next, Jodie came and sang "Don't Rain On My Parade" from Funny Girl and we did a "Don't Rain On My Mash-Up" which proved they know what a mash-up is, they just choose not to do it properly on the show! The songs in the mash-up were "Don't Rain On My Parade", "Singin' In The Rain" and "Over The Rainbow" which was good. Then we sang "We're Off To See The Wizard" live on BBC Radio Leeds. Finally, the Dorothy's came on stage in their "Farmgirl Dorothy" costumes and we sang all the songs we'd sang throughout the morning one after the other.
Overall, I had a really good morning biggrin.gif

#6 Katie1989

Katie1989

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:22 PM

Oh wow,that sounds pretty awesome smile.gif Can't wait now!Glad you had such a good time!Thanks for letting us know what happened rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users