#21 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(lovestheatre @ May 9 2010, 07:58 PM) View Post
Anyone who has seen the show live...what happens when the camera pans to the Lord when one of the girls gives him the slippers at the end of the show? Cause the elimated Dorthy goes onto the moon...is someone attaching her in?

I was wondering about that. Are they all wearing harnesses that can attach them to the moon? I would have thought that the hand strap alone was far too risky.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#22 Guest_Guest_freckles_*_*

Guest_Guest_freckles_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(annette @ May 8 2010, 07:39 PM) View Post
what on earth is lauren doing in the bottom two! there is no way she was the worse of the 6 tonight

QUOTE(Roz @ May 9 2010, 10:09 PM) View Post
I'm really baffled as to why Lauren was in the bottom two?! She is by far the most capable Dorothy....

I think it was her song choice. Much as I adore Being Alive, and was very excited when it was announced she was singing it, I don't think it is well known enough by the general voting public and often the less well known songs attract a lower vote.

But I do also think the whole voting system this weekend was unfair. The first vote had a window of about 15 minutes; and I'm sure it was very close so it just depends who was trailing at the cut off point. Five minutes later the bottom two could have been completely different.

I then think that anyone who seemed shaky will have got extra votes during the second voting period, so Lauren probably did very well in that.

Its also a lot more down to popularity now than actual performance on the night, I think.

QUOTE(lovestheatre @ May 9 2010, 06:58 PM) View Post
Anyone who has seen the show live...what happens when the camera pans to the Lord when one of the girls gives him the slippers at the end of the show? Cause the elimated Dorthy goes onto the moon...is someone attaching her in?

QUOTE(Matthew Winn @ May 10 2010, 05:17 AM) View Post
I was wondering about that. Are they all wearing harnesses that can attach them to the moon? I would have thought that the hand strap alone was far too risky.

Nobody assists the eliminated Dot. The moon is lowered onto the stairs, she sits on a bench type seat and has a wrist strap/loop to her left which she grasps firmly. There is no other harness etc. It seems quite stable, but I'm sure they are told to keep very still. And its just as well they have relinquished their shoes as there must be a danger of them dropping off!

I felt very sorry for Jenny (although I agreed with her eliination). She flew away and the audience had been told not to applaud or even look at her as she was lowered back down and dismounted (de-mooned?) off camera, as Graham Norton was at that point doing a live intro to the Wizard of Oz medley.

So, she just had to slink off, which seemed very sad. I have seen both Dani & Jessica's eliminations now & they both stepped off the moon to hugs and tears from the other girls , plus a hug and a few kind words from ALW. I'm sure that all happened to Jenny later backstage, but its nice to see if you are in the audience.

#23 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3338 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

Anyone else think ALW looked pretty broken up at the Sunday results show at the elmination? or just me?

#24 My Dog's Name is Sally

My Dog's Name is Sally

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Guest_freckles_* @ May 10 2010, 08:12 AM) View Post
I felt very sorry for Jenny (although I agreed with her eliination). She flew away and the audience had been told not to applaud or even look at her as she was lowered back down and dismounted (de-mooned?) off camera, as Graham Norton was at that point doing a live intro to the Wizard of Oz medley.

So, she just had to slink off, which seemed very sad. I have seen both Dani & Jessica's eliminations now & they both stepped off the moon to hugs and tears from the other girls , plus a hug and a few kind words from ALW. I'm sure that all happened to Jenny later backstage, but its nice to see if you are in the audience.

Hopefully she got some hugs back stage after the show was over

#25 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE(Guest_freckles_* @ May 10 2010, 09:12 AM) View Post
Nobody assists the eliminated Dot. The moon is lowered onto the stairs, she sits on a bench type seat and has a wrist strap/loop to her left which she grasps firmly. There is no other harness etc. It seems quite stable, but I'm sure they are told to keep very still. And its just as well they have relinquished their shoes as there must be a danger of them dropping off!

Thanks. I've been trying to catch glimpses of what goes on when she's enmooned* but they keep concentrating on the performances instead of on the technical stuff.

(* Why not, if you can coin "demooned"?)
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users