#61 keysersoze

keysersoze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(davidman @ Sep 15 2007, 10:26 AM) View Post
Why is nobody talking about the fact that RORY KINNEAR has been given Hamlet at the National next year???

Serious?!?!?! That would be great, but ANOTHER Hamlet in 2008? Plus, if the rumours are true, then Dillane might be back at the Old Vic. 4 large-scale Hamlets in a year. Perhaps all in London at the same time, depending on scheduling for the Old Vic and National and the London transfer of the RSC Hamlet.

#62 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:09 AM

Presumably nobody's talking about it because nobody has heard about it. Has there been a press release? As Keyersoze says, it seems a little unnecessary (and it's not that long since their last Hamlet - they don't normally do different productions of the same plays so soon)

As for Much Ado About Nothing not being PC enough for the NT - what utter nonsense. They didn't censor  the rude jokes in Measure for Measure - why on earth would anyone think they'll cut the bawdy in Much Ado? BTW, which of the NT's panjandrums is a Marxist?

#63 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5136 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

Wow! He certainly could hack it, I think, but what a leap into the media spotlight. I would have thought Tom Hardy might have a go at the Prince of Denmark. So Jonathan Bates will be sorting out his Hamlet versions bigtime. I think he says there are 4. Shall we see all 4, I wonder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users