#31 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(Jan Brock @ Feb 13 2007, 09:08 AM) View Post
I assume most of those praising it are somehow involved with Whatsonstage.

Im not and I love it  tongue.gif

#32 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

I merely assume that because there has been a surprisingly large amount of effusive praise for the site, from posters I do not recognise, in the very short time since it was back. As the only way regulars can know the site is active again is to check periodically this looks suspicious.

I see several restaurants have recently been charged with posting bogus reviews of their own establishments on message boards, so it is not an unknown practice.

Also, what is the point of having a "more powerful" site ? The purpose is discussion - not to try to impress others with feeble photographs.

#33 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(Jan Brock @ Feb 13 2007, 12:36 PM) View Post
I merely assume that because there has been a surprisingly large amount of effusive praise for the site, from posters I do not recognise, in the very short time since it was back. As the only way regulars can know the site is active again is to check periodically this looks suspicious.

LOL well okay thats your view. I'm chuffed that you think we work for WOS. I find it suspicious that you are negative about it. Perhaps you work for a rival website?

But in the same way that you can say you don't like it we others can say that we do.

I chat on quite a few boards and this is by far one of the better designs and has so many useful features.

Just jump in and have some fun.  smile.gif

#34 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:43 PM

But the regulars are coming back and praising the new board too.  I got used to in within a couple of hours so I'm sure you'll master it in no time.

#35 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:44 PM

Blue: have you ever posted anything on a WOS message board before ?

Thanks for the advice to "jump on in" - if you HAD been famailiar with the old board you would probably know that this advice is superfluous.

#36 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 13 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

Just want to say I'm a regular WoS poster of about 4 years and I genuinely like the new layout - no payoff needed. It's very familiar to me from other website forums I use and I find it clean and unfussy - the previous format I found horrible and clunky. It's a bit much to get all suspicious about people praising it! It might be "more powerful" not just in the sense that yes you can add photos etc but also in technical aspects and ways hidden to us, that benefit us and WoS. But none of that will prevent our enjoying the same level of discussion we always did.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#37 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(Jan Brock @ Feb 13 2007, 01:44 PM) View Post
Blue: have you ever posted anything on a WOS message board before ?

Thanks for the advice to "jump on in" - if you HAD been famailiar with the old board you would probably know that this advice is superfluous.

No never I did not like the structure of it.

Look forward to chatting to you on here

#38 Blue

Blue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(Jan Brock @ Feb 13 2007, 12:36 PM) View Post
Also, what is the point of having a "more powerful" site ? The purpose is discussion - not to try to impress others with feeble photographs.

hey Ive just seen in the board setting section that you can blocck everyone's photos, signatures etc if that helps

#39 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Blue @ Feb 13 2007, 02:16 PM) View Post
<snip> Look forward to chatting to you on here

Jan Brock chatting.  This I have to see.  wink.gif

#40 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:20 PM

Blue: Your work here is done, your efforts in facilitating use of the new site has been admirable - but now that the usual old posters are back in action you don't have to pretend to be interested in theatre anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users