4 replies to this topic

#1 rocket

rocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hi All

Trust you are well and enjoying your Saturday night! Couple of questions which would be fab if those interested could provide some views on -

a) Do people here believe that there is room in Edinburgh for another society?
cool.gif Am thinking about setting up something less "full on" in terms of rehearsal, just one day a week, but at a weekend. Have seen it work well down south - opinions?

Anyway thanks in advance, and hope there is some interest!

Cheers

#2 My Dog's Name is Sally

My Dog's Name is Sally

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:05 PM

All you can do is try it.  With the once a week rehearsal schedule, it might do better if you stuck to small casts and one act productions.  I've seen that work.

#3 rocket

rocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(My Dog @ May 8 2010, 08:05 PM) View Post
All you can do is try it. With the once a week rehearsal schedule, it might do better if you stuck to small casts and one act productions. I've seen that work.

Hey thanks! Was going to say, would anyone be interested in this? (as in being involved / based in or near Edinburgh?)

#4 DivaDfromL

DivaDfromL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

You might find it would work, but most of the Edinburgh companies do a longer rehearsal period with one day a week (extending to more leading up to show times).

There are so many companies in Edinburgh, it can be difficult to build an audience for a new company - I began one back in 2005.  

Good luck though and there is a large network of Edinburgh performers on out there with companies like SMYCMS, Tempo, Bohemians, Allegro, Southern Light, Edinburgh G&S, The Melodramatics, The Grads, Arkle Theatre, Leith Theatre, and some great youth companies in Forth Childrens, LYAMT.

#5 zhxia

zhxia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:21 AM

All you can do is try it.  With the once a week rehearsal schedule, it   might do better if you stuck to small casts and one act productions.    I've seen that work.
thomas sabo ohrringe
thomas sabo onlineshop
thomas sabo verkauf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users