#51 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(Gabz31 @ May 26 2010, 09:58 PM) View Post
Don't believe everything you read in the papers .

So are you saying none of it is true then?

#52 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

Danielle will be sent off for Vocal Coaching and Acting Lessons before rehearsals start - I can bet money on it!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#53 wickedgrin

wickedgrin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1208 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

Yes certainly. I am sure that is one of the reasons there is such a gap between the contest and the show so whoever won ( who would probably be young ) would have plenty of time to prepare and hone any skills necessary - accent, dancing etc

#54 hitster

hitster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

Aoife had a nice introduction to the West End having a brief run in Chicago before becoming Connie's alternate and main holiday cover. Her 2nd longer run in Chicago confirmed her ability to be considered for leading roles and although her role in legally blonde is probably about 5th or 6th lead she has to be in tremendous shape to do it and there have been lots of comments on how she has transformed her physique.

Aiofe is now nearly 32 years old so was much older than any of the Dorothy's when she entered the Maria search and may have had more general experience but on the flip side had to perhaps establish herself a bit quicker as certain roles may have been out of her reach given her age.

Danielle was praised for her acting and no doubt ALW will spend whatever is needed to get her up to the level required.

#55 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3300 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8706157.stm

Interesting interview hear from Danielle. Its worth a listen, its an eye opener!

#56 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3300 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(fairycake @ May 26 2010, 08:43 PM) View Post
Aoife Mulholland has done brilliantly. Earlier in this thread I had a discussion with mjr re Connie Fisher. I Googled Connie and found that she had problems with the cast etc when working on TSOM. Apparently, some people she worked with didn't like her and gave her an award for the being the most unprofessional and most unpleasant newcomer.
See - http://www.thisislon...-i-wont-quit.do

I wonder if the allegations in this article about her professionalism are true and have had an effect on her career?

I remebe when those rumours circulated, but I am pretty sure they were  not true. I remeber them being something about the leaving Captain Von Trap at the time saying something at his leaving party?

#57 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1244 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(mjr @ May 27 2010, 01:36 PM) View Post
I remebe when those rumours circulated, but I am pretty sure they were  not true. I remeber them being something about the leaving Captain Von Trap at the time saying something at his leaving party?

I was curious and so just read the story. Really it sounded like classic newspaper taking a joke out of context to be nasty - clearly that award 'for the most unprofessional and most unpleasant newcomer' comment was sarcastic, with the intention of saying she was the most pleasant and professional! I bet she didn't run out crying either.

huh.gif

#58 Mrs Cake

Mrs Cake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

Simon Burke's recent interview with Gaydar:
http://rainbownetwork.com/UserPortal/Artic...26954&sid=4

Youíve also just finished working on The Sound of Music. So, what are your favourite things?
Connie Fisher, the whiskers on my kitten Donald, Mexicana Mamas in Hudson St West, Village NYC, bodysurfing on Bondi Beach, Mad Men.

You've worked on that show with various How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria finalists. Where do you stand on reality TV casting?
Iíve worked with Connie and Aoife in Sound of Music London. Iíve worked with Elisha and Janna (who won the Canadian Maria show) in Sound of Music Toronto. Iíve done a concert with Jodi Prenger and Lee Mead and they are six of the best, sweetest, most talented and professional people Iíve ever worked with so I guess reality TV casting must be doing something right

#59 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Kathryn2 @ May 27 2010, 10:52 PM) View Post
I was curious and so just read the story. Really it sounded like classic newspaper taking a joke out of context to be nasty - clearly that award 'for the most unprofessional and most unpleasant newcomer' comment was sarcastic, with the intention of saying she was the most pleasant and professional! I bet she didn't run out crying either.

huh.gif

I think you have a good point. It does sound a ridiculous thing to do especially when they work together. I saw Connie & Simon Burke in TSOM. They were excellent as was the whole cast & show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users