24 replies to this topic

#11 emkay

emkay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:27 AM

I agree about Sophie.  She fits the role superficially, but she's never given a "wow" performance and she doesn't seem to be ready for the West End yet.

The entire final four have been in sing-offs, and three of them have been there twice.  There will be no stigma on Danielle or anyone else, because it is now impossible to have a winner who has not been in a sing-off.

I still think Danielle is the only one of the final four who could make a truly credible Dorothy.  Lauren and Steph are both too mature and sophisticated, and Sophie is too raw.  

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(wickedgrin @ May 12 2010, 09:09 AM) View Post
Having predicted the winners very early on in the previous series Connie, Lee and Jodie I went on record on here after the first live show with my prediction that Danielle would win this series.

Now we are down to the "final four" barring disaster she will win this.  Although the others especially Lauren and Steph are very talented they are clearly not "right" for Dorothy but will have very succesful careers doing other things thanks to this exposure. Both Lauren and Steph seem too mature for the role. I dont think Sophie is ready for 8 (6?) shows a week.

It is a worry though that Danielle has been in the sing off as no previous winner ever was I dont think - but I might be wrong?

The problem Danielle has with chest and head voice can be sorted with some training but Dorothy is not a big sing anyway. Her look, acting, dog handling and likeability are more important.

I think Jessica will have a future too but in more quirky roles than Dorothy such as Sweet Charity or Funny Girl.

Agree about Steph. Lauren  and Sophie,  but Danielle has been a triumph of massive panel spin over anything actually shown. She might be very capable -  but they have not shown it - they have shown her as dull enough or able to  mangle On My Own enough to get into the  bottom two . Her advantage is she  looks right for the  role if you ignore what the Lord said he  wanted (lively, funny, rebellious, not looking like Judy Garland) He's sent anybody home with dull or unsuitable songs  or silly arguments  who actually might have met those criteria. He's also got himself in the impossible position of pushing a winner whilst saying that she needs coaching to get her vocals up to speed - an argument which would have kept at least 5 other people in he sent home with similar or lesser or dubious problems. It wouldn't be surprising if voters react  after the pro and anti spin and the  way some people were eliminated and   the winner is whoever isn't Danielle in the last  two -  regardless of who is weaker.   He's never really shown what Danielle (or any of them) could do in role as Dorothy and he's going to end up with a winner  who at some point the voters thought was worse than anyone else in the  final and a lot of people who have already gone. Its already looking like a carsmash if not a disaster.

#13 snowy01

snowy01

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

I would love danielle to win as she is the most believeable dorothy but i think steph might win.

#14 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 15 2010, 03:47 PM) View Post
Agree about Steph. Lauren  and Sophie,  but Danielle has been a triumph of massive panel spin over anything actually shown. She might be very capable -  but they have not shown it - they have shown her as dull enough or able to  mangle On My Own enough to get into the  bottom two . Her advantage is she  looks right for the  role if you ignore what the Lord said he  wanted (lively, funny, rebellious, not looking like Judy Garland) He's sent anybody home with dull or unsuitable songs  or silly arguments  who actually might have met those criteria. He's also got himself in the impossible position of pushing a winner whilst saying that she needs coaching to get her vocals up to speed - an argument which would have kept at least 5 other people in he sent home with similar or lesser or dubious problems. It wouldn't be surprising if voters react  after the pro and anti spin and the  way some people were eliminated and   the winner is whoever isn't Danielle in the last  two -  regardless of who is weaker.   He's never really shown what Danielle (or any of them) could do in role as Dorothy and he's going to end up with a winner  who at some point the voters thought was worse than anyone else in the  final and a lot of people who have already gone. Its already looking like a carsmash if not a disaster.

Your arguments against Danielle could very well be interchangable with Sophie, however unlike Sophie, Danielle has the acting and dancing skills to make her more believable as a Dorothy.

The fact is no girl in this competition has had an easy time. The most consistent would have to be Lauren and Steph, but because their voices are more mature (but brilliant) it is very unlikely that the public will keep voting for them to win the role of Dorothy. In terms of who would be believable as Dorothy it would be Danielle. In terms of who is a fantastic singer/performer, that is a battle between Lauren and Steph... with Lauren being slightly in front in my opinion.

I find myself going back and forth as to who will be the final two... but I think for definite Danielle will be one of them.

In all the Sing-Offs there is only one occasion that AWL has made a mistake, and that was to let Stephanie go. That was a tough decision, but I feel Stephanie deserved a couple more weeks and perhaps a song to convince the public she is Dorothy-worthy. Which I'm positive she would've been.

Anyway, let's see how tonight goes. I would like to see Sophie go, however her fanbase(ie Wales) are very persistent.

#15 Guest_wicked fan_*

Guest_wicked fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(Aurora_7 @ May 15 2010, 05:06 PM) View Post
Your arguments against Danielle could very well be interchangable with Sophie, however unlike Sophie, Danielle has the acting and dancing skills to make her more believable as a Dorothy.

The fact is no girl in this competition has had an easy time. The most consistent would have to be Lauren and Steph, but because their voices are more mature (but brilliant) it is very unlikely that the public will keep voting for them to win the role of Dorothy. In terms of who would be believable as Dorothy it would be Danielle. In terms of who is a fantastic singer/performer, that is a battle between Lauren and Steph... with Lauren being slightly in front in my opinion.

I find myself going back and forth as to who will be the final two... but I think for definite Danielle will be one of them.

In all the Sing-Offs there is only one occasion that AWL has made a mistake, and that was to let Stephanie go. That was a tough decision, but I feel Stephanie deserved a couple more weeks and perhaps a song to convince the public she is Dorothy-worthy. Which I'm positive she would've been.

Anyway, let's see how tonight goes. I would like to see Sophie go, however her fanbase(ie Wales) are very persistent.

Who left tonight!

#16 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

Spoiler. Tonights result :
Spoiler

Sierra Boggess did a pre - record of Love Never Dies this morning which will be aired with the results show tomorrow night. smile.gif

#17 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

I'm not surprised who went considering the bottom 2. I'm just a little annoyed at WHO was in the bottom 2. My estimations of the British public has gotten lower as this show has progressed. Certain girls being kept in while others are gone... injustice!

Anyway... I've been ranting about OTR for about 2 hours since I learnt the spoiler... I'd better calm.

#18 Gavin

Gavin

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

I was at the studio tonight. Thought Steph and Lauren were great, really love Lauren. Sophie really pulled it out the bag tonight, much improved. Really can't stand Danielle.

She's wayyy to nasally and the way they were all championing her tonight did my head in.

Had a chat with ex dorothy's Jessica and Jenny who said something about being in rehearsals for a performance in next weeks show.

#19 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE(Gavin @ May 16 2010, 12:02 AM) View Post
I was at the studio tonight. Thought Steph and Lauren were great, really love Lauren. Sophie really pulled it out the bag tonight, much improved. Really can't stand Danielle.

She's wayyy to nasally and the way they were all championing her tonight did my head in.

Had a chat with ex dorothy's Jessica and Jenny who said something about being in rehearsals for a performance in next weeks show.

Steph was given a terrible song, she did the best she could with it. She was great in the other numbers. Lauren always shines... I think she's incredible. Lauren and Danielle's duet was the group/duet performance of the series for me. They did praise Danielle a lot tonight. She struggles with controlling high, loud notes.

A grand finale HUGE group number in the works then? Sounds good. Will be nice to see some old faces... some I'd rather not see however  biggrin.gif

#20 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

In the dialect mission yesterday, the actress playing Glinda appeared to be Scarlett Strallen. Does this mean she could be playing Glinda in the production? As far as I know, she's only got Passion which ends in Novemeber/December time lined up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users