• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Finnite

Finnite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:54 AM

Just discovered through a friend that Lauren was a member of Youth Music Theatre UK, in addition to Bronte and top-20 Sarah, whom I already knew about. Pretty strong results for a young person's company, yet you don't hear much about them. I happened to see their production of A Winter's Tale (which Bronte was actually in) in Guildford last summer and thought it was incredible. It looks like they did a show with James Bourne from Busted last year, too (cue teenage swoon).

Is anyone on here aware of their work? Their website says they're a national company, and they have Rob Brydon and Zoe Wanamaker listed as patrons, but apart from seeing them in Guildford and discovering a friend who works with them, I'd heard nothing.

#2 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

Do you mean the National Youth Musical Theatre?

#3 meerkat

meerkat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

NYMT and YMT UK are two separate organisations.

Auditions are held for both. A family member of mine was successful in gaining a place for YMT 2 years in a row. She went on a 2 week residential scheme at the end of which a show is pefrormed for family and general public. Their website is www.youthmusictheatreuk.org. Their patron is Rob Brydon.
I know I could be a lion tamer,
I've always gotten along with cats

#4 Guest_Finnite_*

Guest_Finnite_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the clarification - confusing that there are two organisations, but the websites are very different. Still, interesting what opportunities are available for young performers, whether they're headed towards something like OTR or not. And, as I mentioned, A Winter's Tale was really brilliant in Guildford last year (I think you can see a clip on the YMT website, although I couldn't see Bronte Barbe in it - she definitely was, though).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users