Lol

#12 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:27 PM

"I was impressed with Julie Christie (especially considering her major credit is Holby City, which isnít exactly fine art)."

I'm assuming you mean Joanna Christie?!

#13 Guest_Alexandra_*

Guest_Alexandra_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:00 PM

Lol again. Forget Darling, Zhivago and Far Fom the Madding Crowd - she's done Holby City!

#14 oratorioboy

oratorioboy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:29 PM

as far as i am aware she was on the verge of quitting the proffesion and her agent pursuaded her to go for one last audition and look what happened!

so pleased for her

#15 Guest_p_*

Guest_p_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:57 AM

I saw Equus on Wednesday and thought it was outstanding, the production is beautifully staged and acted and I think the company have a well deserved hit on their hands.

Richard Griffiths as always gives a great performance and I felt he brought complexeties to the character of Dysart that Richard Burton never did in the film version, Daniel Radcliffe was outstanding in his role as Alan Strang, it's amazing how talented this young man has become, he may have started rather wooden in the first couple of Harry Potter films but anyone who saw 'The Goblet of Fire' would have seen just how much he has improved but even taking that into account I was stunned as to just how good he was.
The interpretation of the horses and all the riding scenes were incredible to watch.

The rest of the company were equally good although I felt Jenny Agutter was not quite there yet.

Well produced and well cast, I would advise anyone wanting to book tickets to do so soon as being a limited run it won't be long until it is sold out.

#16 Guest_Joanne_*

Guest_Joanne_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:30 AM

Please could someone tell me the running time of Equus?

#17 QuincyMD

QuincyMD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:54 PM

The preview I saw was 2hr 25min but this over ran, the ice cream sellers were in postion a good 10 minutes before the interval actually came, assume they were working of timings rather than what was happening on stage. Was told afterwards that it should run 2hr with interval.
Which way did he go McGill?

#18 blowstar

blowstar

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:JohnnyFox <br /><br />53 outside, 8 and a half inside ... urban gay SilverFox with wide to panoramic interests in travel, architecture, food, music, theatre, media and sex. Looking for love, probably in all the wrong places.

Posted 28 February 2007 - 10:48 AM

FIRST NIGHT REVIEW

It was electric.  Radcliffe is astonishing in that as a film actor he has the stage technique to speak clearly and unmiked in a 1500-seat three-tier West End theatre, and either he has natural stage talent or took Thea Shorrock's direction intravenously because he's wholly convincing as Alan Strang and in the masturbatory climax to the first act, or in the ballet in which he blinds the horses he simply owned the stage.

Afterwards you may ask yourself why a paean to Laing's discredited psychiatric theorising is really deserving of a revival, but as a vehicle to exorcise the ghost of Harry Potter from the corpus delicti of Daniel Radcliffe, I can't think of a better excuse for dragging it down from the shelf for 16 weeks.  And I bet it goes to Broadway too.

John Holt

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:02 AM

So if you're interested in Harry Potter go, otherwise save  your wonga.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users