Equus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Rizzla_*

Guest_Rizzla_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:43 PM

I saw the show last night and was really impressed. I had been hoping the show would be great but it exceeded my expectations.

The performances were excellent. It was really exciting to see Richard Griffiths on stage again, and to see Jenny Agutter on stage for the first time (for me). Will Kemp brought the perfect physicality to it all. Joanna Christie was perfect too.

Daniel Radcliffe was fantastic. He completely inhabited the role, and compellingly so. Every movement and every word seemed just right. What surprised and impressed me the most was his dancer-like agility and fluidity: at times he almost seemed to be floating. This was the third preview of his first major stage production, but it would be easy to believe that he had been playing the role for months or years.

The audience was surprisingly well-behaved . There was an inordinate amount of coughing, but in the key scenes, you could hear a pin drop. At the curtain call, Mr. Radcliffe seemed a bit overwhelmed by the ovation.

For me, everything about the production worked. It is beautifully staged, and particularly beautifully lit. I want to see it again, but I have a feeling that good seats will be hard to come by (I was in the fifth row of the stalls tonight, having bought my ticket months ago).

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:16 PM

NT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users