8 replies to this topic

#1 smith

smith

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:42 PM

Not sure if this is just because I saw the play with the original cast - but that trailer for Boeing Boeing is truly abysmal! Can't really imagine that anyone would want to go and see it based on that!

#2 keysersoze

keysersoze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(smith @ Jul 29 2007, 05:42 PM) View Post
Not sure if this is just because I saw the play with the original cast - but that trailer for Boeing Boeing is truly abysmal! Can't really imagine that anyone would want to go and see it based on that!

I know what you mean.  It looks cheap and shoddy, with horrible acting, sound and editing.  Most importantly, it entirely fails to fulfil its purpose: to entice the viewer into buying a ticket.

#3 Moose

Moose

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:15 PM

That is baaaaaaaaaaaad. Very very bad.

#4 JonnyBoy

JonnyBoy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

I never saw the original cast, but the current cast are all fantastic.  They are clearly having a ball and the fun really comes across to the audience.

#5 keysersoze

keysersoze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE(JonnyBoy @ Jul 31 2007, 10:41 PM) View Post
I never saw the original cast, but the current cast are all fantastic.  They are clearly having a ball and the fun really comes across to the audience.

You wouldn't be able to tell from the trailer.

#6 LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:55 AM

Trailer awful. Production fantastic! I loved every moment, after it started to warm up 20mins in.

More and more theatres and producing companies are starting to do 'trailers' of their productions. If they do, they need to get it right with the same thinking behind it as a cinema trailer. Most of the ones I have seen, bar Wicked and LOTR, have looked very cheap, flat, boring and just nonsensical.

#7 keysersoze

keysersoze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(LondonTheatreUK @ Aug 4 2007, 02:55 AM) View Post
Trailer awful. Production fantastic! I loved every moment, after it started to warm up 20mins in.

More and more theatres and producing companies are starting to do 'trailers' of their productions. If they do, they need to get it right with the same thinking behind it as a cinema trailer. Most of the ones I have seen, bar Wicked and LOTR, have looked very cheap, flat, boring and just nonsensical.

The National's trailers are getting better.  The Saint Joan trailer is slick and arty, whereas before they had Tom Hardy looking smug in colour, then black and white, then colour again for The Man of Mode.  The Enchantment one is rather shoddy though.

#8 LondonTheatreUK

LondonTheatreUK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

I didn't see the Man of Mode one - link anywhere? It sounds as if it suited the whole contemporary style of production though.

#9 angelfan

angelfan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:09 PM

Does anyone know if this play is likely to be extended?  It's currently booking until 20th October and I'd really like to see it but I'm not going to be in London until the end of November.
Give Yourself Over To Absolute Pleasure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users