• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 Roz

Roz

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

As everyone knows the Dorothy's that don't win have a pretty good chance at getting something else in the West End after Over the Rainbow is over. I was wondering what people thought would be good roles for the Dorothy's?

My ideas so far:

Lauren - Nessarose
Amy - Sandy
Jenny- perhaps Meat? Something that shows off her powerful vocals
Jessica- either Sally Bowles or Velma Kelly

What does everyone else think? x

#2 em_vg

em_vg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

Jessica would make a fab Sally Bowles!! ^
I think Steph could be a Scaramouche, I think she'd suit that role, or Meat..

#3 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:57 AM

I was discussing this last night with a friend.

Jessica would be good in anything with comedy... Chicago, Legally Blonde, Cabaret, The Producers, Avenue Q, Fame.

Steph probably in WWRY, Rent, Wicked, Les Mis.

Lauren could do any role. (Rent, Legally Blonde, Spring Awakening, Chicago, Les Mis, Wicked, WWRY, Chess, Sound of Music, Grease, Mary Poppins, Aida, Anything Goes, Evita, etc). I just happen to think she is the best all round performer on the show, and can show vulnerability, and can do comedy. Powerhouse vocals which can also be brought down to a simple level.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(Aurora_7 @ May 16 2010, 10:57 AM) View Post

Jessica would be good in anything with comedy... Chicago, Legally Blonde, Cabaret, The Producers, Avenue Q, Fame.

Lauren could do any role. (Rent, Legally Blonde, Spring Awakening, Chicago, Les Mis, Wicked, WWRY, Chess, Sound of Music, Grease, Mary Poppins, Aida, Anything Goes, Evita, etc). I just happen to think she is the best all round performer on the show, and can show vulnerability, and can do comedy. Powerhouse vocals which can also be brought down to a simple level.

Personally i can't see many of them doing Sondheim. But nobody seems to care, unfortunately. Sondheim is the best.

Possibly can see Steph as Anita in West Side Story

#5 Guest_wicked fan_*

Guest_wicked fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Aurora_7 @ May 16 2010, 10:57 AM) View Post

I think Lauren has got a great voice, I think you are being a bit ambitious with what she can do, I found her quite annoying!

#6 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

I could actually see Steph in Wicked!

But I agree about Jenny in WWRY - she's definitely got the voice for it.

Jessica as Calamity Jane!

I could also see Dannielle as Rizzo in Grease if she didn't win OTR.
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

#7 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 16 2010, 01:40 PM) View Post
Personally i can't see many of them doing Sondheim. But nobody seems to care, unfortunately. Sondheim is the best.

You quoted me in your post, but I never mentioned anything about Sondheim. Sondheim fans are very passionate from what I can tell. Only the best performers for his works? heh.

QUOTE(wicked fan @ May 16 2010, 02:49 PM) View Post
I think Lauren has got a great voice, I think you are being a bit ambitious with what she can do, I found her quite annoying!

To each their own. I don't find Lauren annoying as a person or a performer. She has the potential to mould to any role, in my opinion.

QUOTE(Haz23 @ May 16 2010, 03:29 PM) View Post
I could actually see Steph in Wicked!

But I agree about Jenny in WWRY - she's definitely got the voice for it.

Jessica as Calamity Jane!

I could also see Dannielle as Rizzo in Grease if she didn't win OTR.

I'd actually go see Jenny in WWRY, I bet she'd be awesome.

Jessica as Calam? No! Please no! hahaha. Stephanie as Calamity please!

#8 Zozo

Zozo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

Steph - Scaramouche
Jessica - Velma Kelly
Jenny - Grease or WWRY
Lauren could do pretty much anything
To me Danielle is the perfect dorothy
can't think of a role for stephanie or Bronte although they're both great performers
will be interesting to hear what auditions Bronte had after leaving the show.

#9 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(wicked fan @ May 16 2010, 01:49 PM) View Post

I am also not keen on Lauren.  I will be disappointed if she wins!

#10 Guest_Guest_hitster_*_*

Guest_Guest_hitster_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

Jenny would seem a natural Sandy in Grease.

Jessica could be a good Roxie Hart, imagine her doing the dummy scene with her facial expressions or maybe in the Jill Halfpenny role in Legally Blonde. Lauren could be a decent Roxy as well or as Elphera in Wicked perhaps, also Rizzo could be an option.

Steph would be good in WWRY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users