48 replies to this topic

#11 Scarlett O'hara

Scarlett O'hara

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

Danielle- Maria or Anita (WSS), Leisl (SOM), Rizzo (Grease), Ado Annie (Oklahoma), Tracey (Hairspray) with a bit of padding! Kate Monster (AQ). I think Danielle would do really well in a comical role.

Lauren- Eponine, Sophie (MM), Penny (Hairspray), Elphaba. I can see Lauren in a role that is vocally challenging.

Sophie- Sophie (MM), Truly (Chitty), Laurey (Oklahoma), Janet (RHS)
Sandy. I can think of loads of roles for Sophie! think it's because she has that wide eyed innocence about her.

Steph- Meat (WWRY), Anita (WSS), Roxie (Chicago), Rizzo (Grease).

#12 Scarlett O'hara

Scarlett O'hara

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

After watching the show tonight I also think Steph would make a great Eponine. She has a certain vulnerability about her but at the same time is a tough cookie. I think she would give a heartbreaking performance and would probably have the audience in floods of tears every night!
I think they should give Steph the role instead of Sam Barks!

Am joking by the way just in case Sam's fans hunt me down! huh.gif

#13 josh

josh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:theatre, movies, actors, acting, directing

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE(Scarlett O @ May 16 2010, 09:26 PM) View Post
After watching the show tonight I also think Steph would make a great Eponine. She has a certain vulnerability about her but at the same time is a tough cookie. I think she would give a heartbreaking performance and would probably have the audience in floods of tears every night!
I think they should give Steph the role instead of Sam Barks!

Am joking by the way just in case Sam's fans hunt me down! huh.gif

That would be good casting, I think she'd be great as Eponine. Definitely better than Sam Barks...
He used to call me Blue Roses.

#14 Guest_wicked fan_*

Guest_wicked fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(josh @ May 16 2010, 09:42 PM) View Post
That would be good casting, I think she'd be great as Eponine. Definitely better than Sam Barks...

Really silly immature comment, you have not even seen her in the role!

#15 Roz

Roz

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for your ideas guys.

Anyone got any thoughts on which roles would be good for Stephanie?

#16 Guest_Guest_hitster_*_*

Guest_Guest_hitster_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

Stephanie could be a candidate to take over the role that Nimah Perry plays in Love Never Dies, she has the dark hair, fair complexion, slightly gothic look. Cossette in Les Miserables could be a possibility.

As regards Grease you could almost cast a load of the Dorothys in the female roles as many have been mentioned for Sandy or Rizzo. And others could surely play Frenchy, Marty, Jan and Patty etc.

Jessica has the facial expressions to be a good Frenchy, Bronte or Amy would be fairly natural Marty or Patty's. Dani could be a good Jan as the likes of Louise Dearman played Jan and she isn't like the more curvy actresses who have been cast as Jan over the years.

#17 Roz

Roz

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE(Guest_hitster_* @ May 17 2010, 11:14 AM) View Post
Stephanie could be a candidate to take over the role that Nimah Perry plays in Love Never Dies, she has the dark hair, fair complexion, slightly gothic look. Cossette in Les Miserables could be a possibility.

As regards Grease you could almost cast a load of the Dorothys in the female roles as many have been mentioned for Sandy or Rizzo. And others could surely play Frenchy, Marty, Jan and Patty etc.

Jessica has the facial expressions to be a good Frenchy, Bronte or Amy would be fairly natural Marty or Patty's. Dani could be a good Jan as the likes of Louise Dearman played Jan and she isn't like the more curvy actresses who have been cast as Jan over the years.

I completely disagree with your ideas for Stephanie, she might look the part for Fleck in LND but vocals not suited and she needs a bigger role than that. Tbh I can't really see her in musicals, I see her more as a pop star/recording artist. She's got a really unique singing voice and she's a great dancer, I think she would almost be wasted playing a standard theatre role. Does anyone else think so or is it just me?

I agree that alot of the Dorothy's could be in grease especially Jessica as Frenchy!!

#18 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(Roz @ May 17 2010, 11:21 AM) View Post
I completely disagree with your ideas for Stephanie, she might look the part for Fleck in LND but vocals not suited and she needs a bigger role than that. Tbh I can't really see her in musicals, I see her more as a pop star/recording artist. She's got a really unique singing voice and she's a great dancer, I think she would almost be wasted playing a standard theatre role. Does anyone else think so or is it just me?

I know what you mean about Stephanie's voice, however I would fear her unique voice might be lost in a studio recording, and it's better live. (Lea Michele anyone?) I can imagine Stephanie altering her voice slightly to fit certain roles, I think she's talented enough to pull that off.

#19 Chippie

Chippie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:11 PM

I think Lauren would be perfect as Eliza Doolittle.
Steph would be great at anything We Will Rock You. As will Stephanie.
Jessica in Sweet Charity.
Danielle would be great as Sister Mary Robert in Sister Act.

But most importantly.. I think Danielle will be the perfect choice as Nathalie in a West End version of Next to Normal

#20 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

Stephanie as Linda in Blood Brothers - she's got the accent!

It's not really a musical, but I could almost see Amy playing Sharpay in High School Musical.
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users