48 replies to this topic

#21 hitster

hitster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

I wonder if Bill Kenwright will cast any of these girls in his shows as he does like a certain profile of performer and if they have had TV recognition then their name can be used on the poster.

I like the idea of Stephanie in Blood Brothers given the Scouse connection.

Also Steph could maybe go in the pop music direction given her parents are both singers and I believe she has performed at a few events where hermother has done appearances.

#22 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

Steph was offered Flashdance yesterday, contrary to the Sister Act rumours going around this morning.

#23 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:20 PM

Oh good for Steph smile.gif I read this morning she wanted to do either The Lion King, Wicked or Sister Act. Glad she's got something!
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

#24 Phoebe-again

Phoebe-again

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(bananafrit @ May 18 2010, 12:02 PM) View Post
Steph was offered Flashdance yesterday, contrary to the Sister Act rumours going around this morning.

Brilliant - where did you hear that? smile.gif I'd love to see Steph do Sister Act or Wicked as she's said she'd like to do.

Phoebe biggrin.gif

#25 Guest_Guest_Tom_*_*

Guest_Guest_Tom_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Would Steph be playing the role Victoria Hamilton Barritt did on the tour (Alex)?

#26 hitster

hitster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

I'd like to know which role Steph has got offered in Flashdance as the lead is a very intense dancing role and you may look for a taller more leggy actress rather than someone as petite as Steph. Although as a trained dancer she could probably pull it off, there were a couple of decent supporting roles who are female friends of the lead character and get a couple of numbers including a mashed up Gloria so Steph may be up for one of those.

#27 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:31 PM

I'm afraid I don't know for certain but I should imagine it would be the friend who sings the Gloria song - can't remember the character name?! (Is she called Gloria?!)

#28 DanielWhit

DanielWhit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2293 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(Guest_Tom_* @ May 18 2010, 11:09 PM) View Post
Would Steph be playing the role Victoria Hamilton Barritt did on the tour (Alex)?

I honestly can't see her as Alex, one of the other girls maybe though.

#29 Guest_Guest_Tom_*_*

Guest_Guest_Tom_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for all your replies! Having never seen either the show or film, that was the only part I knew about! Is it likely that Hamilton Barritt  will return? I thought she was very good in Desperately Seeking Susan- despite the misguided production I thought all the cast were very good.

#30 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Absolute rubbish about Steph in Flashdance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users