5 replies to this topic

#1 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

I must admit I wasn't looking forward to it because the first time I heard this song was on the Jonathan Ross Show, and well I didn't like at all.

Despite that I felt Seirra's performance tonight was fabulous... I may even consider going to see Love Never Dies now, or at least buy the soundtrack.

Seirra outdid Tamsin. Those who say she done the same to the Dorothys... well of course, she is a successful Broadway and West End star, she is BOUND to be better than the Dorothys. She is a representation of what to aspire to.

Enjoyed it.

#2 RH1234

RH1234

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

Do go and see it if you enjoyed her performance on the show - that song is even more powerful when it is performed in the scenario.

#3 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(RH1234 @ May 16 2010, 09:54 PM) View Post
Do go and see it if you enjoyed her performance on the show - that song is even more powerful when it is performed in the scenario.

I'm planning on heading down to London this summer, Love Never Dies might just be on my list. (Ultimately it depends on price...  blink.gif)

#4 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

I agree with RH1234 message. We saw the show last week and her performance seemed even better than on TV, as it was in context of the story.

#5 Haz23

Haz23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

I think Sierra did a brilliant job! She looked much more comfortable and relaxed than when she did on The South Bank Awards Show and Friday Night with Jonathan Ross - she was terribly nervous and it showed in her performance is I remember correctly.
Broadway: Avenue Q; Newsies; The Phantom of the Opera.

London's West End: Wicked x3; War Horse; The Phantom of the Opera; Jersey Boys x3; Sister Act; Lend Me A Tenor; Betty Blue Eyes; Legally Blonde; Les Miserables x2; A Chorus Line; The Book of Mormon; The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

UK Tour: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat; Annie; Blood Brothers x2; We Will Rock You; Sister Act; South Pacific; Chicago; Starlight Express; Hairspray; Priscilla Queen of the Desert; Cats; Carnaby Street; Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Ghost; Singin' in the Rain x2; Stomp.

#6 mjr

mjr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3302 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(Haz23 @ May 17 2010, 06:01 PM) View Post
I think Sierra did a brilliant job! She looked much more comfortable and relaxed than when she did on The South Bank Awards Show and Friday Night with Jonathan Ross - she was terribly nervous and it showed in her performance is I remember correctly.

I am glad the song has been shown on TV with the orchestration, gives more for Sierra to bounce off, and also makes the climaz to the song more gripping.

Although, you can;t beat the Live performance at the Adelphi!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users