19 replies to this topic

#1 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:38 PM

Well it has been a bumpy tornado for these girls, and we are finally reaching the finish line... who could've predicted some of the choices?! Well, they'll always be those who claimed to know but I thought there were some surprises... mainly who has been kept in, rather than who got booted.

The Final Three: Sophie, Danielle and Lauren.

I think it was will down to Sophie and Danielle... even though it ought to be down to Lauren and Danielle in terms of talent. I can actually see Sophie winning it after all these weeks of Danielle mania, I can see all of Wales voting for Sophie 15 times each to beat Danielle. I get the feeling AWL will be nervous of this too.

It is fairly clear from my posts on this board that I adore Lauren, sadly I don't think she'll get it... she can do much better than Dorothy anyway  biggrin.gif

I'd be happy for Danielle to win.

Not too keen on Sophie to win, I feel she has little charisma and fails to grabs my attention when singing. Singing 'Reflection' was the best thing she's sang on OtR... one good performance doesn't make up for the okay ones.

So... final three! Can you believe it? It seems only yesterday my friend told me she was auditioning for this show and now it's nearly over.

Your thoughts on the Final Three?

#2 Guest_wicked fan_*

Guest_wicked fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(Aurora_7 @ May 16 2010, 09:38 PM) View Post
Well it has been a bumpy tornado for these girls, and we are finally reaching the finish line... who could've predicted some of the choices?! Well, they'll always be those who claimed to know but I thought there were some surprises... mainly who has been kept in, rather than who got booted.

The Final Three: Sophie, Danielle and Lauren.

I think it was will down to Sophie and Danielle... even though it ought to be down to Lauren and Danielle in terms of talent. I can actually see Sophie winning it after all these weeks of Danielle mania, I can see all of Wales voting for Sophie 15 times each to beat Danielle. I get the feeling AWL will be nervous of this too.

It is fairly clear from my posts on this board that I adore Lauren, sadly I don't think she'll get it... she can do much better than Dorothy anyway  biggrin.gif

I'd be happy for Danielle to win.

Not too keen on Sophie to win, I feel she has little charisma and fails to grabs my attention when singing. Singing 'Reflection' was the best thing she's sang on OtR... one good performance doesn't make up for the okay ones.

So... final three! Can you believe it? It seems only yesterday my friend told me she was auditioning for this show and now it's nearly over.

Your thoughts on the Final Three?

I really liked Steph but she will be fine, well done to the final three, I always thoughts Danielle was the winner, but Sophie is really getting stronger.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:16 PM

I like them all, but I've been a Sophie fan from the group performances in week one and her first song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk9VxSEyDdQ - love her!

#4 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ May 16 2010, 11:16 PM) View Post
I like them all, but I've been a Sophie fan from the group performances in week one and her first song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk9VxSEyDdQ - love her!

The first 30secs of that is good. Too much hand acting  tongue.gif  People keep commenting on her group performances... I really don't see the shine. Oh well, I guess I'm never going to understand the 'Sophie love'.

#5 Montmartre

Montmartre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, Classical Music

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

Sophie has improved a lot, but I'm still hoping for Danielle.

#6 My Dog's Name is Sally

My Dog's Name is Sally

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE(Montmartre @ May 17 2010, 01:14 AM) View Post
Sophie has improved a lot, but I'm still hoping for Danielle.

I thought they gave Danielle a bit of the advantage in the editing of the mission section by showing her saying good by to all three companions.  But during the Oklahoma number, Danielle was the only one up there who was Ado Annie.  No editing advantage there, you could see it in the long shots when all four were all camera at the same time.

I was leaning towards Sophie, as I thought Danielle was a bit too sweet, but after Saturday's show, I'm in Danielle's camp now.

Thank God that wasn't a curse for her tonight.

Her duet with Lauren was amazing.  Their voices are very similar.  Without watching, it was hard to tell when one stopped singing and the other started.  Though Lauren looks a bit more like Naimh than Danielle, it was almost watching a mirror duet.  They do perform well together.  There's a potential for something there.

#7 emkay

emkay

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:27 AM

My thoughts:

Danielle--She's been my favorite since her first audition. She has the acting and movement down, and her voice is very good even if she has a minor issue with her range, that can be easily worked on.  She is a natural actress and I believe all of her performances.  Even when the vocals haven't been perfect, the acting has made the performances watchable.  She also has the youthful, innocent Dorothy look.  To me, she's the ideal Dorothy and I hope she wins.

Lauren--She has a great voice, but her acting is sometimes overdone and obvious.  Still, I warmed to her a lot after her duet with Danielle, and while I don't think she's an ideal Dorothy, I think she's able to handle a West End lead, so she has the edge over Sophie for second place in my eyes.

Sophie--She is pretty and sweet and has lots of natural charisma as a person, but she worries me as a performer.  She often looks uncomfortable and sometimes even terrified when she performs, and her acting has been inconsistent.  She is also an awkward mover.  I think she has the furthest to go of the remaining three to be ready for a West End lead, so I think it would be better for her not to win so she can go to drama school.  Still, she has a likability factor that makes her a serious threat.

I still think Danielle is the most likely to win, but this show has been so crazy that I think it's too close to make a firm prediction.

#8 Roz

Roz

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE(emkay @ May 17 2010, 06:27 AM) View Post
My thoughts:

Danielle--She's been my favorite since her first audition. She has the acting and movement down, and her voice is very good even if she has a minor issue with her range, that can be easily worked on.  She is a natural actress and I believe all of her performances.  Even when the vocals haven't been perfect, the acting has made the performances watchable.  She also has the youthful, innocent Dorothy look.  To me, she's the ideal Dorothy and I hope she wins.

Lauren--She has a great voice, but her acting is sometimes overdone and obvious.  Still, I warmed to her a lot after her duet with Danielle, and while I don't think she's an ideal Dorothy, I think she's able to handle a West End lead, so she has the edge over Sophie for second place in my eyes.

Sophie--She is pretty and sweet and has lots of natural charisma as a person, but she worries me as a performer.  She often looks uncomfortable and sometimes even terrified when she performs, and her acting has been inconsistent.  She is also an awkward mover.  I think she has the furthest to go of the remaining three to be ready for a West End lead, so I think it would be better for her not to win so she can go to drama school.  Still, she has a likability factor that makes her a serious threat.

I still think Danielle is the most likely to win, but this show has been so crazy that I think it's too close to make a firm prediction.

I completely agree will all of this. Danielle to win but I still love Lauren and hope she gets something in the West End if she doesn't win.

#9 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(emkay @ May 17 2010, 06:27 AM) View Post
My thoughts:

Danielle--She's been my favorite since her first audition. She has the acting and movement down, and her voice is very good even if she has a minor issue with her range, that can be easily worked on. She is a natural actress and I believe all of her performances. Even when the vocals haven't been perfect, the acting has made the performances watchable. She also has the youthful, innocent Dorothy look. To me, she's the ideal Dorothy and I hope she wins.

Lauren--She has a great voice, but her acting is sometimes overdone and obvious. Still, I warmed to her a lot after her duet with Danielle, and while I don't think she's an ideal Dorothy, I think she's able to handle a West End lead, so she has the edge over Sophie for second place in my eyes.

Sophie--She is pretty and sweet and has lots of natural charisma as a person, but she worries me as a performer. She often looks uncomfortable and sometimes even terrified when she performs, and her acting has been inconsistent. She is also an awkward mover. I think she has the furthest to go of the remaining three to be ready for a West End lead, so I think it would be better for her not to win so she can go to drama school. Still, she has a likability factor that makes her a serious threat.

I agree almost word for word with the above, though I did like Steph. She didn't have a great last week though - I didn't like Rule The World or Wash That Man...She was my ideal third placed finalist, but unfortunately she dropped off a bit the week that Sophie raised her game. I hope she does well elsewhere though.

Danielle is my ideal Dorothy. She sings perfectly well enough for the role (OTR is the hardest thing they have to sing) and her acting and look are perfect to me. They have glammed her up a bit over the series, but she CAN look very young and sweet.

Lauren is very good too, but her acting can be a little overdone and earnest. She would be a competent Dorothy, if a little bland, I think. More of a pantomime princess. Though perhaps she could be coached to tone it down.

Sophie I have never found comes up to the standard of the others. She was better this week, but I thought the first few lines of Reflection were very flat, despite the ravings of the panel. Her dancing is awkward & her main plus point is her distinctive look. But she seems to have a huge following & between now & W of Oz opening I suppose she has time to improve.

So; my ideal result is 1. Danielle, 2. Lauren, 3. Sophie

BUT I fear that Lauren simply doesn't have the public support as she has been bottom 2 three times now. So I expect it will come down to Danielle & Sophie and Danielle really ought to win.

P.S. And I really don't give a (flying) monkeys about Toto!!

#10 My Dog's Name is Sally

My Dog's Name is Sally

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(freckles @ May 17 2010, 07:54 AM) View Post
P.S. And I really don't give a (flying) monkeys about Toto!!

BBC's idea of cute factor?  Not much to care about as the winning Toto's only going to be on for one show.  Having the dogs around has been good for seeing how well the girls handle the animal.  The segments did give Jodie something to do I suppose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users