19 replies to this topic

#11 Roz

Roz

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(My Dog @ May 17 2010, 12:07 PM) View Post
BBC's idea of cute factor?  Not much to care about as the winning Toto's only going to be on for one show.  Having the dogs around has been good for seeing how well the girls handle the animal.  The segments did give Jodie something to do I suppose.

I think it was so important to see how the Dorothy's handled the dogs. Its hard enough performing on stage in front of thousands of people let alone having to control an unpredictable animal!

#12 Aurora_7

Aurora_7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(Roz @ May 17 2010, 12:11 PM) View Post
I think it was so important to see how the Dorothy's handled the dogs. Its hard enough performing on stage in front of thousands of people let alone having to control an unpredictable animal!

Ahh, but the Toto would be trained and far less unpredictable than we might suspect!  laugh.gif  The girls need to be trained to treat the dog in a relaxed and confident manner. With months of rehersals this shouldn't be a problem.

As for Toto... hmm. I like Missy and Dangerous Dave... but it's only 1 show, so it ain't all that. (Unless they decide to extend it).

#13 meerkat

meerkat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

[quote name='emkay' date='May 17 2010, 06:27 AM' post='123351']
My thoughts:
She is also an awkward mover.  I think she has the furthest to go of the remaining three to be ready for a West End lead, so I think it would be better for her not to win so she can go to drama school.  [quote name='emkay' date='May 17 2010, 06:27 AM' post='123351']

Yes but from what we have glimpsed of her "dancing" ability would she get past the first rounds in many drama school auditions? I know of better dancers than her with equally good voices not to get recalls.
I know I could be a lion tamer,
I've always gotten along with cats

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

Her dancing is a hell of a lot better than Jessie Buckley's last year!

#15 My Dog's Name is Sally

My Dog's Name is Sally

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(meerkat @ May 17 2010, 07:15 PM) View Post
Yes but from what we have glimpsed of her "dancing" ability would she get passed the first rounds in many drama school auditions? I know of better dancers than her with equally good voices not to get recalls.

She might have a better chance getting in with a letter of recomendation from ALW. wink.gif

#16 Rain

Rain

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(My Dog @ May 17 2010, 12:07 PM) View Post
BBC's idea of cute factor?  Not much to care about as the winning Toto's only going to be on for one show.  Having the dogs around has been good for seeing how well the girls handle the animal.  The segments did give Jodie something to do I suppose.

I hate the Toto section!

Totally agree with you re. the final three smile.gif

#17 hitster

hitster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:51 AM

With so many different girls in the bottom two each week, no-one knows with any certainty who is likely to win. Apart from Helena Blackman, I don't think any of the other major contenders on these shows had any appearances in the bottom two.

Sophie always seemed to be a bit off the pace but has been catching the other girls up and hasn't been in the bottom two for several weeks. Danielle may be the favourite but was in the sing off only two weeks ago so we know that both Sophie and Lauren polled more votes than her then.

Lauren was the bnottom in the first QF sing off but obviously picked up support to be safe for the 2nd sing off but was in the sing off again last week. Although she may be the safe choice, I wonder if the public have warmed to her or see her in a sympathetic role like Dorothy as a lot of people seem to be suggesting her for edgier roles. Also the panel were hard on her and accused her of being slightly cocky and then the next week we learn that she had hearing issues as a youngster so it seemed as if they were trying to redress the balance a bit. Lauren being a bit elder and more trained than the other girls will be more professional but this seems to almost go against her.

Has it been totally confirmed that the winner will do 8 shows a week as both Jodie and Connie only did 6 and the likes of Aiofe was brought in to do a couple of the shows. I wonder if this might depend on who wins and more importantly how they progress towards the start of the run. Although if people have booked specifically when the winner has been announced then a decision may need to be made soon.

#18 mylime

mylime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

I'm really hoping Danielle will do it!

If not, then I would be happy to see Lauren win, but I just hope it's not Sophie. She is great but I don't think she's right for Dorothy...but I have got a feeling she will win.  huh.gif
Seen: Avenue Q x4 : Ghost Stories : Gavin Creel (Jazz Cafe) : Flashdance : Dirty Dancing x2 : Shirley Valentine : Legally Blonde : Deathtrap : Hair x2 : Lion King x2 : Jersey Boys x2 : Oliver! : Thriller : Grease : We Will Rock You : Joseph : Blood Brothers x3 : Hairspray :  Mamma Mia x2 : Sound of Music : Chicago x3: Wicked x2  : Woman In Black x3 : Lord Of The Rings : History Boys : Trojan Women

#19 Joule

Joule

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:24 AM

My top three were Lauren, Danielle and Steph and I could never decide whether Danielle or Lauren was my favourite. I now want Danielle to get the role. I (sometimes) like Lauren better and strangely enough I thought her apparently very cocky performance of 'I'll never fall in love again' was very subtle and endearing. Until then it was my favourite performance of hers.

Anyway, I've decided to go for Danielle because I think she suits the part of Dorothy a bit better. I disagree with the panel because I don't think she has a very MT voice. I really like her voice because it has an interesting tone to it but I don't think it's musical theatre.
Anyway, I digress, Danielle for Dorothy, Lauren for something else in the WestEnd as soon as possible please!

Sophie was one of my favourites in the very first week, after that I just wanted her to live up to my expectations and she almost never did, which is a shame. But I think she's almost very likely to win due to regional voting.
'You're about as sexy as a cabbage patch kid.'

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:44 AM

can people please not vote just because you happen to live near one of the contestants, that is not the criteria for a west end star. Please vote according to talent!!!! Sophie is a great singer but I worry about he accent and acting ability. Mainly I just dont think she has enough presence to command the stage in one of london's biggest theatres. Lauren is very competent and an all rounder, she would do well but there are so many other roles out there more suited for her.

The clear choice is danielle. Dorothy is very much an acting part so we need someone who can completely convince us they are the character. For me she also has the most exciting singing voice, obviously lauren and sophies vocals are flawless but for me they are a bit samey and not unique enough for a west end lead role.

So to sum up danielle =dorothy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users