Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:05 AM

This one-acter is about a literary agent dealing with a difficult client who feels he's not being given sufficient attention, and who resorts to somewhat nefarious tactics to get his way. What ensues I found quite funny; there's also much discussion of how agents are pandering to the soulessness of the commercial publishing industry, which is expected, but is countered by some heartfelt comebacks by the agent which gives a nice balance.

I think I read somewhere that all seats are 15 for the rest of the run but double-check that as I'm not sure; there were a few empty seats last night so perhaps they're trying to boost the last couple of weeks.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#2 Bess

Bess

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:03 AM

I saw that the other week and thought it was great - a tiny bit "oh woe is me, I'm a  writer" in one bit, but overall it was really entertaining and the script is very funny. William Beck and Stephen Kennedy suited their roles perfectly and I really enjoyed it. Would recommend it, specially as tickets are so reasonable. AND it's a NEW play (Ok, following a run earlier at the Old Red Lion), a highly endangered species according to most critics!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users