Equuus Tour Confirmed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_alis-star_*

Guest_alis-star_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

interesting choice for the part!  i think the guy who played vernon in 'vernon god little' at the young vic a while back would have been a good candidate for the role. but looking forward to seeing this again, love the play!

#12 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:02 PM

Its this kind of casting that really p's me off - there are hundreds of fantastic actors who have just finished drama school and waiting to get a big break who would kill for the job and do a fantastic job at it as well and they go and give it to a drug addled lad who has only got the job because of who his family members are!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#13 Jenny_tyr

Jenny_tyr

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Shakespeare

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:07 PM

Yes, this seems like yet another odd bit of celebrity casting, or in this case relative-of-celebrity-casting (wonder if this will be the new trend?). Does he actually have any kind of qualifications for this? I understand that he's never acted on stage before, and it sure doesn't sound as if he's been to acting school either, so why on earth would anyone think that he could/should play the lead in a play like this?

//Jenny
http://groups.yahoo....re_and_Company/
http://blogs.whatson.../rsc-histories/

#14 Guest_oldskool_*

Guest_oldskool_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:52 AM

just came on becuase I read the article in the Mail on friday...I saw him being auditioned at the national! just walked in and didnt know what was going on but obviously knew the text and he was awesome! now I know the deal! apparently Shaffer saw him in Atonemnet and decided he wanted him! I reckon they're pretty aware of who his sister is but I have to say, what i saw was pretty damn good.

#15 keysersoze

keysersoze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(oldskool @ Oct 29 2007, 12:52 AM) View Post
just came on becuase I read the article in the Mail on friday...I saw him being auditioned at the national! just walked in and didnt know what was going on but obviously knew the text and he was awesome! now I know the deal! apparently Shaffer saw him in Atonemnet and decided he wanted him! I reckon they're pretty aware of who his sister is but I have to say, what i saw was pretty damn good.

I think that it is unfair to judge at the moment; Radcliffe had no real stage experience yet he was acclaimed in the role and Allen may prove to be just as talented. In addition, Allen's casting was approved by Shaffer himself, as was Radcliffe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users