27 replies to this topic

#1 Edfringe

Edfringe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

Hey All

Great Board - as you can see from my username - Ed Fringe, I am a Fringe virgin, going up with an am/semi pro production this year . Anyone heard any rumours about what might be fun / exciting.

Have some funds, but need to stay away from too much bad stuff ! Really not interested in haters dissing each others shows. Just wanna feel the love. So any ideas welcome.

#2 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

I see from Facebook that Hamlet! The Musical is going up again this year.  It's a brilliant spoof musical, and was one of the best things I ever saw at University.  It went up to the Fringe in 2001, and was liked by everyone except the Scotsman reviewer.

And SEDOS are taking a multimedia version of... wait for it... Hamlet up.
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#3 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

I can personally recommend Bright is the Ring of Words which will be at The Pleasance Courtyard: Below 3:25pm every day bar the 17th!

This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#4 Mel Woo

Mel Woo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Musical theatre, art, book club

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:09 PM

I recommend Plague! The Musical. Saw it two years ago and it's coming back this year. Don't worry, it's not a depressing musical. It's dark comedy and hilarious. And the company are actually putting on a new musical along with it called Piramania. Info should be here: http://www.bubonicproductions.com

#5 Guest_DeBois_*

Guest_DeBois_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

Can't wait to go this year ! I Auditioned for a musical Revue show entitled "West End Glee Show", sadly didn't get it ! Script looked a lot of fun and good writing. I believe its at Zoo Roxy. Think this will be worth the pounds!

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:05 PM

Apologies for plugging my own show but we're doing Jason Robert Brown's 'The Last Five Years' at C Aquila (just off the mile), 5-30 Aug at 10.30pm. We have two fantastic casts who will alternate performances. For anyone interested in modern musical theatre, it's worth a look!

I also really like the look of 'Fresher the Musical', although I don't know how good it actually is!

'Hamlet! the Musical' sounds awesome!

#7 Michael H

Michael H

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 13 2010, 05:05 PM) View Post
C Aquila

That's not the former Roman Eagle Lodge, is it?  If so, I was there in 2002.  It wasn't open as a venue last year.

QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 13 2010, 05:05 PM) View Post
'Hamlet! the Musical' sounds awesome!

Altogether now...

The question is to be or not to be
To face the slings and arrows bearing down on me
To take arms against a troubled sea
The question is to be or not to be
Me is directing again - Private Peaceful at the Charles Cryer Theatre, Carshalton, 23 to 26 April 2014.

#8 janem

janem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

Sordid Lives - great show in London  before Christmas. Saw in Islington Tribune that it's in Edinburgh this year. Great laugh. Loads of fun. Written by a guy who had something to do with Queer as Folk in America.

#9 Guest_Gillian_*

Guest_Gillian_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:08 PM

Sharron Matthews, a wonderful Canadian talent is doing a number of shows at the Festival. She just finished doing two VERY successful nights at Joe's Pub in New York. Please check her show out!

http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/musicals-...ation-tour-2010

I used to see her shows in Toronto, where she has a huge following. She has a wonderful voice, is hilarious, and touching. She puts on an amazing show - I've been following it for years!

And her website is: www.sharronmatthews.com and you can also look her up on youtube to get a taste of what her shows are like.

#10 Guest_BkDrftr_*

Guest_BkDrftr_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

Just booked for Daniel Kitson's new show at the Traverse. Playing at 10am - I love the all-through-the-day nature of the Fringe. Will book for loads more but am still ploughing through the brochure, putting little tabs on various pages. I told myself I'd try to spread things a bit more this year, after doing 26 plays and 2 comedy shows in 2008, but I'm not sure how successful I'll be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users