• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#11 Guest_Jimmy Rider_*

Guest_Jimmy Rider_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(Edfringe @ May 28 2010, 11:02 AM) View Post
Hey All

Great Board - as you can see from my username - Ed Fringe, I am a Fringe virgin, going up with an am/semi pro production this year . Anyone heard any rumours about what might be fun / exciting.

Have some funds, but need to stay away from too much bad stuff ! Really not interested in haters dissing each others shows. Just wanna feel the love. So any ideas welcome.

Hi, Check out 'Two Brothers and One World Cup' down at Underbelly. The audience choose the order of the show each night, should be lots of fun. I believe the bloke's still writing it as the backdrop for the show is World Cups and as long as England are still in the hunt for the trophy the script remains unwritten. So this show's going to be bang up to date. Have fun.

#12 Lily118

Lily118

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Supposedly Lift is back up in Edinburgh this year? Any ideas if there's truth in it?

#13 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:48 PM

Havent seen it in the brochure but could have quite easily missed it!

This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#14 Guest_BD_*

Guest_BD_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

After 2 weeks of combing through the brochure, tagging pages, asterisking productions, frowning, tapping my pen on my teeth and thoughtfully going 'hmmmm', I've pondered, thought, re-thought, crossed out, re-instated, pruned and hacked back, and arrived at my week-long schedule of 28 productions, mostly theatre with a few comedy, dance and one musical. And my customary free day with nothing booked, left open for carefully planned spontaneity.

Am now childishly excited. I think I've purely by chance ended up with a greater spread of different venues than on my last visit in 2008 - when I seemed to mostly be at various of the C venues, so I'm really looking forward to that.

#15 Guest_Guest_Luke_*_*

Guest_Guest_Luke_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:35 AM

'The Mandrake' at Zoo Southside Studio daily at 1.40pm is going to be a really funny show. Also, the script is 350 years old and has never been performed before! This should be a really unique opportunity to see such an old 'new' play...

#16 FourthMonkey

FourthMonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(Edfringe @ May 28 2010, 12:02 PM) View Post
Hey All

Great Board - as you can see from my username - Ed Fringe, I am a Fringe virgin, going up with an am/semi pro production this year . Anyone heard any rumours about what might be fun / exciting.

Have some funds, but need to stay away from too much bad stuff ! Really not interested in haters dissing each others shows. Just wanna feel the love. So any ideas welcome.

I'm bound to suggest you visit Fourth Monkey's production of Anthony Burgess' A Clockwork Orange... as its mine! But after a sell-out London preview run I genuinely think it's a good shout. You can see our trailer via our website at www.fourthmonkey.co.uk
In addition to that I'm liking the look of a lot of the stuff at The Space on the Mile and Underbelly-in particular Jacob's Ladder and everything by Belt Up. Then of course after the theatre up to the Pleasance for a bit of late night comedy to finish your night off! The fringe is a great experience and if you get it right you'll be back and back again for more!

#17 Guest_BD_*

Guest_BD_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(FourthMonkey @ Jul 22 2010, 03:50 PM) View Post
I'm bound to suggest you visit Fourth Monkey's production of Anthony Burgess' A Clockwork Orange... as its mine!

I've booked for it so if I don't like it I'm coming to find you.

#18 Laughingmonsta

Laughingmonsta

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2424 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

Ditto - im seeing it on the 10th!
This is my street, I smile at the faces I've known all my life, They regard me with pride.

#19 meerkat

meerkat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

Singalonga Glee Club

I went to the preview of this at the New Diorama- and it was just the tonic I needed.
Its not related to the programme Glee by the way but a singalong set including a variety of genres from showtunes, Disney,pubsongs etc- something for all ages- they even take requests which resulted in my talented daughter singing " I'm just a girl who caint say no!"
( very well I thought !)
The lyrics are provided from a powerpoint onto a screen so there are no excuses not to join in.

It was a fun evening- it was something completely different from anything I have ever been to- and great value for money- I spent more earlier in the cafe in Camden!
I know I could be a lion tamer,
I've always gotten along with cats

#20 Guest_RSC Freak_*

Guest_RSC Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:48 PM

Hamlet! The Musical is an awesome spoof of the Bard's best tragedy - in just over an hour you see the lot, all put together on stage by just 6 performers, their website says.  I've got my tickets, can't wait!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users