#91 FrontRowDress

FrontRowDress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

View Postsmithers, on 15 March 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

<br />I got an email from AC a few weeks ago saying that too many people were cancelling and it was causing a few problems. I'm assuming that all AC members got this and not just me...?!? Of the 20 or so shows I've booked through them I've only had to cancel a couple of times - once because of a broken boiler and once through illness, they were very nice about it. By the sounds of the email though, a few people are being quite demanding and causing problems when they pick up their tickets. I think they've stopped all new memberships for the time being? My AC membership has been worth every penny. I've seen so many brilliant shows that I wouldn't have known about/gone to without it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes everyone got this, both they and PbP are obviously fed up with cancellations & no shows. I kinda think it's a privilege to be a member, it's changed our social life beyond belief.

#92 Cathryn

Cathryn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Fringe, drama, Shakespeare, green politics

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Well, that makes three of us, so has to be everyone!  I've not cancelled more than a couple in the two years I've been a member, but did get told off the other day when I forgot to cancel myself off a waitlist (hadn't realised you were meant to). With Audience Club anyway I get the impression it's a real labour of love and they don't make much money out of it.  I think they're also using personal connections and put quite a lot on the line to get the tickets, so if people don't turn up, or are difficult about tickets at the box office, its hard on them.   They are certainly becoming harder on people who do cancel or, worse still, fail to show, rightly I think.  Venues are doing this to get an audience, not out of the kindness of their hearts!

#93 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostCathryn, on 15 March 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

&lt;br /&gt;Well, that makes three of us, so has to be everyone!  I've not cancelled more than a couple in the two years I've been a member, but did get told off the other day when I forgot to cancel myself off a waitlist (hadn't realised you were meant to). With Audience Club anyway I get the impression it's a real labour of love and they don't make much money out of it.  I think they're also using personal connections and put quite a lot on the line to get the tickets, so if people don't turn up, or are difficult about tickets at the box office, its hard on them.   They are certainly becoming harder on people who do cancel or, worse still, fail to show, rightly I think.  Venues are doing this to get an audience, not out of the kindness of their hearts!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br /><br />I agree with this. I've always felt that AC cares about shows and theatre-lovers. <br /><br />

Now, I myself haven't recieved this currnet e-mail, but received a different one a while ago. That was about some people making unreasonable demand in a theatre.  That e-mail was sent to everyone who booked that show. As it happens, those people were actually sitting next to me before the interval, and during the interval they were talking about changing seats and did change seats.

.<br /><br />As a rule AC members are not allowed to question the seat given or discuss AC within the theatre.  PbP even says they will suspend one's membership if he/she commits a no-show. I strictly adhere to these myself.

#94 smithers

smithers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, music, politics

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Oh gosh, I didn't realise that AC had a problem with people changing seats at the interval. I confess that I've done this a few times. Sometimes when my seat is in the middle of the row, if I spot an aisle seat free - even if it's further back - I'll slip into it (quietly) at the interval because I get claustropohobic. Surely this can't be causing too much of a problem? Feeling a bit guilty now!

#95 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

View Postsmithers, on 16 March 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

<br />Oh gosh, I didn't realise that AC had a problem with people changing seats at the interval. I confess that I've done this a few times. Sometimes when my seat is in the middle of the row, if I spot an aisle seat free - even if it's further back - I'll slip into it (quietly) at the interval because I get claustropohobic. Surely this can't be causing too much of a problem? Feeling a bit guilty now!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Oh, no, no.  These people went to the BO and demanded to give them better seats.  Slipping into an empty seat quietly should not cause any problem, I don't think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users