• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 whittlebot

whittlebot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Theatre! Film Music (the music composed for films) Off-road cycling. Hiking. And restaurant evenings in the company of a few close friends.

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

My love affair with Theatre started over thirty years ago (Plays only) and in that time , I have been priviledged to see many excellent productions and acting of the finest quality. On Saturday I saw both in GASLIGHT. I hope others were as moved and thrilled, and is not this the essence of theatre, to find your self being drawn into the comedy or drama being played out on that stage. No matter how many times I go to the theatre, I still experience the same sense of excitement as the lights go down and I hope I always will, for two hours of magic!  

#2 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5136 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

Like me, Whittlebot, your enlightened parents took you to the theatre as a toddler.

#3 keysersoze

keysersoze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE(whittlebot @ Aug 20 2007, 08:40 PM) View Post
My love affair with Theatre started over thirty years ago (Plays only) and in that time , I have been priviledged to see many excellent productions and acting of the finest quality. On Saturday I saw both in GASLIGHT. I hope others were as moved and thrilled, and is not this the essence of theatre, to find your self being drawn into the comedy or drama being played out on that stage. No matter how many times I go to the theatre, I still experience the same sense of excitement as the lights go down and I hope I always will, for two hours of magic!

My theatre-going life started only 18 months ago, just before I turned 16, and it is now the greatest passion in my life.  In those 18 months, I've seen over 60 productions, with the defining moment of my theatre-going career being the National Theatre of Scotland's 'Black Watch'.  I saw its second ever performance in Edinburgh and was blown away. I was lucky enough to catch it in Glasgow on its Scottish tour and it was even better. I listened to the Radio 3 production and will be watching it on TV next week.
I'm so glad that it will finally get a London run, as everyone deserves to see it.

#4 Bad Idea Bear

Bad Idea Bear

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

Yep Whittlebot, Gaslight absolutely enthralled me and my friend too.  One of the best plays I have seen in a long time with all the actors giving excellent performances.  

BTW, If you liked Gaslight, you may also want to watch 'Twenty thousand streets under the sky', a BBC adaptation of Patrick Hamilton's excellent London trilogy.  It's very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users