Jack Thorne's "fanny & Faggott" In The West End?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Amo

Amo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:30 PM

Check out the comment at the bottom of thier Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2439506854 On the discussion board the director says they're coming back to London in the autumn, but the West End?

#2 keysersoze

keysersoze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE(Amo @ Aug 21 2007, 09:30 PM) View Post
Check out the comment at the bottom of thier Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2439506854 On the discussion board the director says they're coming back to London in the autumn, but the West End?

The link is useless if you don't have a Facebook to log in to, like myself.
I personally don't think anyone would put it on in the West End.  The writer is up-and-coming, but is yet to have a big hit. It is also very short and a small-scale production with no real commercial interest. Its production and the writing are more Fringe than West End. It has a no-name cast and a Fringe director.
I also think it is overrated; interesting and well performed yet lacking substance. It has the feel of an inexperienced writer's work.
It's also spelled 'Fanny and Faggot'.

#3 Amo

Amo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(keysersoze @ Aug 21 2007, 10:33 PM) View Post
The link is useless if you don't have a Facebook to log in to, like myself.
I personally don't think anyone would put it on in the West End.  The writer is up-and-coming, but is yet to have a big hit. It is also very short and a small-scale production with no real commercial interest. Its production and the writing are more Fringe than West End. It has a no-name cast and a Fringe director.
I also think it is overrated; interesting and well performed yet lacking substance. It has the feel of an inexperienced writer's work.
It's also spelled 'Fanny and Faggot'.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is creepy - is almost as if i wrote that myself circa Feb 07.

#4 keysersoze

keysersoze

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(Amo @ Aug 21 2007, 09:30 PM) View Post

It's actually true. Apologies for doubting you, but it's coming to Trafalgar Studios 2 for the month of October.
It's being presented with Jack Thorne's monologue, 'Stacy', which ran at a different theatre simultaneous to Fanny and Faggot's London run earlier this year.
This West End run seems a whole lot more plausible now that I know it'll be in an intimate space.

#5 Guest_Guest_amo_*_*

Guest_Guest_amo_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(keysersoze @ Sep 6 2007, 09:51 PM) View Post
It's actually true. Apologies for doubting you, but it's coming to Trafalgar Studios 2 for the month of October.
It's being presented with Jack Thorne's monologue, 'Stacy', which ran at a different theatre simultaneous to Fanny and Faggot's London run earlier this year.
This West End run seems a whole lot more plausible now that I know it'll be in an intimate space.

No need to apologise - i was doubting too! Can't believe it's playing at the TS2 as a double bill - reminds you what eye rolling was invented for

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users