• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 janewayne

janewayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

From official london theatre, it opens next week.  Looks like a great cast, and perfect pitch are on board too.  Same writers as NHS The Musical.

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/new...with-world-cup/

#2 Philippa_xo

Philippa_xo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I picked up a flyer yesterday, and I'm intrigued by it!

With the world cup coming up, it seems like good timing for a musical about football, and I quite like the Tristan Bates theatre, so am thinking of checking it out. It's in association with Perfect Pitch too, and their stuff always seems to be great.

Anyone know any more about it?

#3 janewayne

janewayne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

yeah I posted on the main musical site about this yesterday ... it's opening next week .. amazing cast - especially Yildiz Hussein - I'm not really a football fan but I'm going to see it anyway, always like to see new stuff.

#4 Guest_Holdsworth77_*

Guest_Holdsworth77_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Saw their 'NHS The Musical' in Plymouth and it was superb, one the best new musicals I have seen - the music was very memorable. Glad to see that the writers are doing another one; we need some different composers of musicals in the West End and this team need to be heard.

#5 Guest_Sondheimcrazy_*

Guest_Sondheimcrazy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:20 PM

This opened on Thursday night but I saw it last night - it's already Pick of the week for Lyn Gardner in the Guardian, and there have been some amazing reviews (sadly not by the nationals yet - when will they support new musicals that aren't in big theatres?!?!) - The cast are just amazing and... well, I agree with this reviewer basically, he puts it just about right: http://www.remotegoat.co.uk/review_view.php?uid=5419

I know I put this exact posting on the main musicals forum but people need to know about this show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users