#1 richard

richard

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

rolleyes.gif
Surprisingly little on David Storey's 'In Celebration' at the Duke of York's.  Saw it this week - absolutely superb in every way.  Coming off Hobson's Choice at Chichester (equally good) I was surprised by many of the parallels - even to the extent of the intricately realistic set with a street lamp outside, plus the paterfamilias with 3 offspring.  The play (1969) hadn't dated at all.  One of the very best things I have seen for a long time.  Ensemble playing of the highest quality.

#2 theatre*fairy

theatre*fairy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

Went to see this on 11th August, and absolutly loved it. Im not ashamed to admit i only went because Orlando bloom is in it, but im so glad i saw it as i now have a huge respect for Tim Healy as an actor. The whole cast were amazing. Im so glad Orlando played Stephen the youngest brother, as he didnt really have a lot to say but what he did was incredibly powerful, plus im so glad orlando didnt automatically  act like a diva and demand the biggest role etc. Plus hes so nice to talk to as well. biggrin.gif  wub.gif
Tommy: OK, very important. There are two types of women, type A and type B. You listenin'?
Frankie:  Yeah.
Tommy:OK, type A. They're real easy. Jump right into bed witcha. Then later on, they bust your balls. Type B. First, they play hard to get. Then later on, they bust your balls.
Frankie: I don't get it.
Tommy:Don't worry, you will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users