2 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

I read the names but sorry to say, don't know who they are. Anyone enlighten me? I love this play but I'm not that keen on PK so not sure whether to bother if the rest of the cast, hardworking actors all I'm sure, are not top notch

#2 achilles

achilles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(Lynette @ Aug 29 2007, 06:18 PM) View Post
I read the names but sorry to say, don't know who they are. Anyone enlighten me? I love this play but I'm not that keen on PK so not sure whether to bother if the rest of the cast, hardworking actors all I'm sure, are not top notch

I wonder if they will play it in three acts, or perhaps play the four act version but as two acts. I'm directing a production of the play at the same time after Christmas and will try to reinstate the missing scene with Grisbsy ...certainly we'll rehearse it or read it at least to see how it balances and flows. If it doesn't work I'll happily lose it it. But I'll definitely do it in two acts - three acts make my heart sink these days.

#3 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(achilles @ Aug 30 2007, 03:40 PM) View Post
I wonder if they will play it in three acts, or perhaps play the four act version but as two acts. I'm directing a production of the play at the same time after Christmas and will try to reinstate the missing scene with Grisbsy ...certainly we'll rehearse it or read it at least to see how it balances and flows. If it doesn't work I'll happily lose it it. But I'll definitely do it in two acts - three acts make my heart sink these days.
Re-instate a scene? I've always thought the show is too long anyway!  dry.gif

Sebastian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users