craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

View Posttheatremonkey.com, on 15 April 2014 - 04:45 PM, said:

[i][b] sheesh....

Is that a sheesh kebab we can create in the aisles?

#2312 theatremonkey.com

theatremonkey.com

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

LOL Steve10068.

A sheesh kebab? Well, if we go for a hog roast, then if we use a long enough spit, it should be possible to do...

... the only question is, how do we politely ask the orchestra not to use the pit during act 1 so that we can get a decent fire going in there and start cooking?

#2313 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, cats and photography principally.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

View Posttheatremonkey.com, on 16 April 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

LOL Steve10068.

A sheesh kebab? Well, if we go for a hog roast, then if we use a long enough spit, it should be possible to do...

... the only question is, how do we politely ask the orchestra not to use the pit during act 1 so that we can get a decent fire going in there and start cooking?

May I suggest two alternatives:-
#1 Quietly lean over the orchestra rail and inform the band that management are about to switch to recorded music for this show.

#2 Invite them to join in - musicians are invariably starving and travel vast distances for free food. Only trouble is there may not be much of the hog left for you.
The engine roared, the motor hissed,
And who could see that the road would twist

#2314 theatremonkey.com

theatremonkey.com

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

#1: would save building a fire too - we could cook using the (justified) instant ballistic explosion.

#2: Hadn't thought of that. Factor in the stage crew as well, now you mention it... So the prosc. opening of Her Majesty's is 10.5m, the average hog roaster is what, 1.5m? I'm thinking 3 set up in a line should be ample?

#2315 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

Off topic, but I'm reminded of that shop in Edinburgh where each morning they start roasting a whole pig in the window and sell hot pork sandwiches all day until the pig runs out. (I mean, until they run out of pig)
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#2316 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Wires arnt a trip hazzard if u shout 'F**K OFF' to anyone that comes near

#2317 Dawnstar

Dawnstar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

View Posttheatremonkey.com, on 16 April 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

#1: would save building a fire too - we could cook using the (justified) instant ballistic explosion.

#2: Hadn't thought of that. Factor in the stage crew as well, now you mention it... So the prosc. opening of Her Majesty's is 10.5m, the average hog roaster is what, 1.5m? I'm thinking 3 set up in a line should be ample?
Actually if you did a roast on the stage of Her Majesty's you wouldn't need to build a fire, just use the jets of flame that come up from the stage at the end of the Graveyard scene!

#2318 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

Doesn't "spitroasting in the stalls" warrant a whole subset of bad behaviour at the theatre??!

#2319 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:11 PM

French woman behind me at We Will Rock You tonight spent the whole show translating it to her son despite many glares from me.  Then started singing during the curtain call so loudly I could barely hear the actor who was singing on stage.

And there was someone about 3 rows in front of me who couldn't sit still...

#2320 theatremonkey.com

theatremonkey.com

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Good point Dawnster. I'd forgotten they had gas jets fitted. We can't spoil the second half for folk, I don't think, but of course it'd save loads of time (and carrying firewood) if we borrowed them during the first half...

And are you talking about that infamous "muck up matinee" of "Spring Awakening," perchance, Richard 2711?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users