2324 replies to this topic

#2321 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

I don't know if this can warrant bad behaviour but King Charles III was nearly blighted for me by loud and annoying laughter. Sure it was funny, but this guy's laugh was over the top and loud enough to take me out of the moment. Worst thing was that his laugh was delayed, about two seconds behind everyone else so continued into the next lines. That and his laugh caused him to move around, and as he wasn't the smallest of men, moved my chair.
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#2322 sunshine2011

sunshine2011

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:22 PM

That happened to me once, I mentioned it on Twitter, and the guy actually saw the tweet and replied to it - turned out it was the writer of the play (was its first performance).

#2323 fringefan

fringefan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:06 PM

What, he was laughing at his own play?  That is bad behaviour!

#2324 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:09 PM

Particularly if it took him longer to get the jokes than the rest of the audience
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#2325 steveatplays

steveatplays

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted Today, 01:07 PM

A five foot tall offduty steward in her sixties queues for 3 hours to secure front and centre at the Globe to Globe Hamlet last night. The stage extends into a point at the centre, so she stands to the right of the point, and another offduty steward goes left of the point, and they are chatting. As the play begins, a six foot chap in his twenties decides this is a rock concert, squeezes past me in the second row (I "only" queued an hour), and wriggles himself onto the point between these two chatting stewards. He then decides the point is uncomfortable, and pushes the 5 foot woman rightwards, so that he can get off the point. She tries to resist but he successfully shoves her rightwards. I was reluctantly going to speak up, when she told him to stop pushing her. He settles, but ten minutes later starts pushing her rightwards again. She asks him to stop again, angrily.

He stops, but instead flops his arms onto the stage for comfort, stretching them out a full metre into the stage space. He almost loses his arms when Laertes slams down a plank to create a makeshift battlement.

At the interval, I congratulated the steward for sticking up for herself. The chap overheard, and after the interval, he refrained from wedging himself between the stewards. After all, he was 6 foot tall, and could see perfectly well.

All this time, the chap never spoke a single word to anyone lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users