2316 replies to this topic

#1281 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

I mean people who have a genuine complaint whose evening was ruined due to someone else's bad behaviour, who have made a complaint at the theatre but feel it wasn't resolved to their satisfaction on the evening. I don't condone just writing to theatres seeking freebies or making frivolous complaints in the hope of getting freebies. Hope that helps clears up what I mean.

#1282 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Well I complained during a performance of The Three Phantoms (see way back in this thread) to the person concerned, then to FOH. Nothing was resolved and neither was a series of follow up emails to management make my ruined evening any better. Once theyve got your money in my experience they dont appear to care

#1283 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

I've found that complaints are taken more seriously when put it in writing (rather than emails which tend to be just glossed over and deleted), even better if you send it registered post, then it's taken very seriously. :)
Keep pestering them until it's resolved to your satisfaction.

#1284 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

I've only had cause to complain once, and that was years ago when I saw Les Mis just before it moved from the Palace (from our seats we could clearly hear the staff in the bar chatting and some of the ushers had earpieces which we could hear)
I wrote to the theatre to complain and the reply was extremely patronising so I wrote back, re-iterating my complaint and also complaining about their reply. I got an apology and the offer of a free programme and drinks next time I went to the Palace (although living up north we never got back there to claim it!)

#1285 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

<p>I might have commited a crime a while ago at an actor's final performace. At the curtain call, I (and a lady next to me) threw red roses onto the stage from the front row. Mine were a dozen loose roses and the lady's was a single long-stem one.

However, there was at least one member of the audience who didn't like what I did and tweeted about it calling my action " annoying", and a few people ReTweeted it.  

I would love to hear what you think of this rose incident. Flowers at a curtain call is a cause of annoyance to someone or the performer?

#1286 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5140 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Hope the roses didn't have thorns which would catch whoever picked them up.

#1287 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

<p>

View PostLynette, on 21 May 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

No.

#1288 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostLynette, on 21 May 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

No they didn't, or at least the big ones at the end of each stem.

#1289 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

Although it's a lovely gesture, does the actor really want to have to collect a bunch of flowers and then take them home (probably via the pub)? I bet he left them in the theatre with a note offering them to the cleaner. However I don't see why it should annoy anyone in the audience unless it's seen as attention seeking. It's not something I've ever done but then I'm a cheapskate and actors seem to get a lot of presents already for stage-doorers.

#1290 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Oh pooh, roses on stage is a common thing. They do it all the time at the Globe, the actors usually throw them back. XD
Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users