2316 replies to this topic

#1371 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thanks everyone. I shall continue to whoop and uluate at curtain calls when I wish to show my appreciation.

#1372 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Well, I've just seen the second night of this Royal Ballet Metamorphosis: Titian 2012 on its live transmission to my local BP Summer Screen, one of the twenty displaying this production throughout our fair nation tonight. I would have welcomed almost any audience behaviour. There were never more than about fifteen of us present at any point. The worst behaviour was probably provided by the quite large but puppyish dog which was allowed by its homeless owner to frolic free and charge up and down and around the tiered seating during Diana and Actaeon, although I suppose this could be considered appropriate behaviour, given the hunting theme of the ballet.

#1373 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

What? Only 15 people?? What a pity to waste such an opportunity to see Royal Ballet for free. The acutal performances are competely sold out.

I read on Twitter that one of the hounds was dressed like a snoopy in a pirate style. Did you spot it? I couldn't see such details from my seat in the gods.

#1374 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

No, we got the occasional flash of detail but most of the time, even on the Big Screen, you could only tell they were dog-like by the way the heads were held and moved.

#1375 SHk

SHk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Ah well. Shooting a ballet is very difficult.

Anyway, thank you for going to see this screening (not that I'm employed by RB or anything, but still).

#1376 musicals fan

musicals fan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

I have had a couple of appalling experiences of bad beviour recently that completely ruined any possible enjoyment of the performances - at Shakespeare's Globe and a Prom at the Albert Hall - and need reassurance from others that I am not alone in my suffering!

More recent stories please......

#1377 JaszyR91

JaszyR91

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Everything Musical, Theatrical and Literary!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

Yesterday I went to a local production of Oliver! The show was great but was slightly spoiled for me by the woman sat next to me who obviously had zero theatre etiquette.
The moment she sat down she took her shoes off and put her feet up on the chair. It had been quite a hot day so you can imagine the stench, I had her stinky feet right under my nose for the entire show, it made me feel quite ill!
If this wasn't bad enough she also decided (along with her friends) to provide a running commentary throughout, 'Oh, I know - it's the Artful Dodger!', 'Look at the dog waggling his tail', 'Where has the dog gone?' and my favourite - 'Oooh, here comes London Bridge!'.
They didn't even lower their voices, it was loud and very distracting.
"And the last remnants time destroys"

My twitter account:
https://twitter.com/imjeanvaljean
Follow me if you want x

Upcoming shows: Pippin (Broadway), If/Then (Broadway), Water Babies (Curve, Leicester), A View From The Bridge (Young Vic), Les Miserables (West End), Birdland (Royal Court)

#1378 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5140 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

I feel your pain. Had stinky person next to us in Excel centre. Put me off me flunges

#1379 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

With some people (usually they're quite stupid!) unfortunately it is necessary to have to tell them to just shut up!

#1380 Jamiem

Jamiem

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:47 AM

In the olden days the 'gallery' used to boo and throw things if they didn't like shows....I quite like that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users