2320 replies to this topic

#1391 Pharaoh's number 2

Pharaoh's number 2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3759 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Man behind me at Julius Caesar during Act 1, whispering (for all to hear) to a friend "I found a new house yesterday. One I can afford. Do you want to look around it with me on Monday?"

Great, mate. I'm really pleased for you. But surely that could've waited 'til the interval?

#1392 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Sounds like a proposal of marriage

#1393 Latecomer

Latecomer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1668 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Person at Last of the Haussmans ignoring phone buzzing in handbag for a good couple of minutes. Obviously on vibrate but could be clearly heard. She just pretended it was not happening! Cheek!

#1394 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2091 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

When I was watching Last of the Hausmanns, I was longing for a phone to go off to take my mind off the mind-numbing tedium on stage.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#1395 Matthew_seo24

Matthew_seo24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

I always get pissed when people at the back were talking as if they were the only people inside the theater and does'nt care about other people who were watching the show.

#1396 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Postxanderl, on 16 September 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

When I was watching Last of the Hausmanns, I was longing for a phone to go off to take my mind off the mind-numbing tedium on stage.
oMG so was I. It would have injected some unpredictability into the script.

#1397 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostLynette, on 18 September 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

oMG so was I. It would have injected some unpredictability into the script.

A load of people walked out during act one just behind me. First I cheered up then I was eaten by envy...

#1398 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I went to the Northern Ballet's production of Madame Butterfly in Sheffield last night and being 18, I expected to be the youngest in the audience. I was wrong. There were 3 young girls, perhaps about 7 or 8 years old who began the performance by unwrapping lots of noisy sweets and ended the performance by moaning loudly to their parents asking "Is it nearly finished?". Why take your children to something like that if they're not capable of sitting still and shutting up?
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#1399 igb

igb

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostCaityGlinda, on 19 September 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

I went to the Northern Ballet's production of Madame Butterfly in Sheffield last night and being 18, I expected to be the youngest in the audience. I was wrong. There were 3 young girls, perhaps about 7 or 8 years old

Why do people do this?  If you take your children to an event in the evening they will get tired and bored, and this is not about them being 7 or 8, but often a lot older than that.  I've rather got into matinees since having children, and now go out of choice even if the kids aren't with me, because in fact I feel sharper in the afternoon as well.  But I don't think I took my kids to things in the evening until they were well into their teens, and only then if there was absolutely no alternative and I was absolutely certain the stars were aligned to make it a success.

#1400 freckles

freckles

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

But I suppose there has to be a first time for everyone, & a parent can't always predict how their child will behave in a new situation.
I wouldn't have risked it when mine were very young though, & even when they were older, if they had really misbehaved I would have removed them. A terrible waste of money though if you have spent a lot on the seats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users