2326 replies to this topic

#1431 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Very strange, I usually find audiences in fringe theatres to have very good theatre etiquette. Very annoying that either she didn't like the show or had a very short attention span or maybe was a bit drunk that she had to go and ruin it for everyone else around her. Appalling behaviour.

#1432 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Technically this wasnt during the show but after at a meet and greet. I went to Singin in the rain where Geri Halliwell was putting in an appearance for Children in Need. after the show, myself and the other people who had paid the £80+ for the tickets were ushered into the stalls bar and various cast members from the show came along. Everything was fine and lovely and people were having a great time. Then Geri was brought into the room and I swear the nice atmosphere vanished and it became crazy. people pushing and shoving each other out of the way all eager to get near to Geri. The Palace staff tried to contain the situation and control it but in my eyes they were useless. I got near the front of the crowd but was pushed back a bit by these really rude italian men who had arms loaded with cameras, old pics of them with geri and the covers from her previous albums and singles and books. they seriously thought they were the only ones who mattered, yelling 'geri we come from italy just for you!' the palace staff tried to get them to move along so other people could have a chance but these men ignored them. I did manage to get a quick photo with Geri and I then quickly moved out the way and was pushed out of the way by the crowd of people waiting. My friend who I went to the show with and 2 others I knew were unlucky as they didnt get anywhere near her thanks to that baying mob. It really was complete chaos. Have emailed Nimax to complain about the poor handling of the situation. This has really put me off doing anything like that again which is a shame as the money goes to charity but I darent risk it. These Geri fans were like Wicked fans on speed!

#1433 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Re the woman on her phone, I think if she was in front of me or next to me I would have grabbed it off her and turned it off.

#1434 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Desperate attention-seeking mild-aged man next door but one to me at Blood Brothers last night. Clapping, wiggling and waving his arms during 'Bright New Day', raising his arms and getting over-involved during 'Tell Me It's Not True' and pathetically wooping and waving to try and get the cast's attention during the curtain call. It was both sad to watch and extremely annoying, he should've known better.
My occasionally neglected theatre blog: http://thegreatestof...blogspot.co.uk/
Latest post: Review: 'Blithe Spirit' at the Gielgud Theatre: http://thegreatestof...theatre_10.html

#1435 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

http://www.telegraph...of-theatre.html

But as the 25-year-old delivered the play's final words on its opening night it became clear that one member of the audience was less than impressed.

"Stop, stop, stop," a mystery voice boomed from the stalls. "It doesn't work and you don't work. It is not good enough. I could be at home watching television."
They were stunned to discover that the culprit was none other than Sir Peter Hall, former director of the National Theatre and a colossus of the theatre world.

I wish I'd taken this approach and shouted at his daughter during his rubbish production of Twelfth Night.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#1436 peggs

peggs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

I did rather think that after all the negatives that generated, it's being suggested he was just muttering and it wasn't directed at anyone in particular but if you say it loud enough for people to hear? Surely a director should know better and show some respect unless it's a open free for all for everyone to start doing this, a sort of negative standing ovation, what a thought!

#1437 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

I see from the "All That Fall" thread that Trevor Nunn's phone off went in the auditorium the other night! Perhaps Trev and Peter did it for a bet. If someone sees a drunk Richard Eyre singing along loudly at Jersey Boys and Nicholas Hytner elbowing people out of the way at the stage door of Wicked to give a birthday cake to Ben Freeman we'll have the full set of badly behaving National Theatre Artistic Directors.

#1438 Front Row Dress

Front Row Dress

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Wish there was a "like" button for xanderl's post above :lol:
www.frontrowdress.com

#1439 foxa

foxa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Theatre (obviously), film, books, walking

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Xanderl is on a roll - two very funny posts (I have sat silently through two terrible mumbly stage performances of Rebecca Hall's - but no more!)

The birthday cake image is particulary hilarious.

#1440 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thanks both :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users