2323 replies to this topic

#1601 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I shushed someone before the show had started at Peter and Alive on Saturday. It was a natural reaction to hearing talking in the theatre and I felt really embarrassed. I apologised and made a very flimsy excuse that I thought we were starting. Luckily he couldn't see my red face but then again, I never saw the coke can.

#1602 Mads1607

Mads1607

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Thanks everyone :) Unfortunately ACL has no interval and the men scarpered pretty quickly after I spoke back (while we were trapped by people on either side) so we wouldn't have been able to report them to anyone, but I'm not even sure what we'd have said if we'd had the chance. It was the strangest and rudest interaction I've ever had with anyone.

Definitely considering the coke can idea for next time. Maybe I should've just kept the programme he dropped before the show and hit him on the head with it!

#1603 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2542 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostMrs Lovett, on 08 March 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

I always take an empty can of coke into the theatre with me and if I feel someone is misbehaving I throw it at the their head.

Other unhealthy drinks and body parts are available and effective.

#1604 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

He was clearly a rude, obnoxious and unpleasant person. Again though, and Mads1607 don't get me wrong I know we're all different and won't all react the same way, it's a pity such a miscreant didn't receive the response he deserved. As mentioned before, in many of the incidents of sheer rudeness/unpleasantness described in this thread the offender has gone away with no sense of wrongdoing or having been picked up on their behaviour. Had he done any of this to me or Mrs Backdrifter he'd have got an earful back. I totally accept you might be stunned by being told to shut up but after your initial surprise you should have retorted and carried on chatting. You don't need me to tell you that though, and again I do accept we don't all feel able to come back at someone but we need to get past that somehow.

Anyway, from what you say the one crumb of comfort is he probably isn't long for this world.

PS - yay! Only 60 more posts to go.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#1605 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Peter and Alice doesn't have an interval and doesn't seat latecomers, so once the doors are shut no empty seat is going to be filled later. A guy in the row ahead of me this afternoon decided to take this opportunity to re-seat himself.

The problem with this, however, was that 1) the play was starting, 2) he was in the middle of a row, and 3) the seat he wanted to get to (I'm assuming it was next to someone he knew?) was in the middle of the row directly in front of him.

I bet you see where this is going. Yes, as Dame Judi was coming on stage, the guy in front of me was vaulting over the back of a row and thumping into the seat in front of him. Talk about distracting! And if I'd been in his new row and hadn't been expecting a Suddenly Descending Audience-Member, I might have shrieked with surprise. xD

#1606 zyx123

zyx123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Why would anyone do that? Surely if the seat in front of you is empty you get a better view, as there isn't some big head in your field of vision.

#1607 exuberantlyblue

exuberantlyblue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Didn't make much sense to me either! All I could think was that maybe he had a companion/friend in the new row and wanted to sit next to them.

But yeah, it worked out well for me - I didn't have his tall head blocking my view. :D

#1608 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

Had the usual, wrapper openers and loud comment makers behind me this evening, like they were in their own sitting room. Did I say there were American? Shoot me.

#1609 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yes, we must all remember to consistently point out the nationality of every single miscreant in this thread, just to be fair. Could we all please revisit our posts and edit as necessary?

Alternatively, we could regard it as extraneous, or something.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#1610 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

This didn't happen to me but a  friend said there was a bloke behind her loudly pointing out to his companion  the name and party of each PM in The Audience until it got to Eden who he, apparently couldn't identify even after a whole scene :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users