#1641 Steve10086

Steve10086

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

View Postwickedgrin, on 23 March 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Steve10086 - "unless someone had their head in my lap" made me laugh!! Whatever, would someone be doing with their head in your lap??? LOL Thanks for brightening up a cold, miserable Sat afternoon!!

Well the last show I saw was Viva Forever!, so they could be snoozing :-)

#1642 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Saw Once on Broadway last week, clearly bad behaviour is just as prevalent on Broadway.  A couple of ladies in front of me arrived late, even after the whole of the cast had been playing onstage before the show started, then one of them proceeded to take about 5 minutes to settle in her seat.

When she realised there was noone in the two seats beside her, she moved and stretched her leg out across the 2 spare seats, and kept switching seats through the whole of Act 1.  She was also whispering loudly to her companion, and kept taking her cardigan off then 10 minutes later deciding she wanted that and her coat back on!  And her scarf, which meant her arms were flailing around interrupting my view.  She disappeared at the interval and came back 10 minutes after Act 2 started with a plastic bag that made a loud rustling sound every 5 minutes as she got more Red Bull and chocolate out of it.  Then she took a bag of ice out and put it on her ankle.

Ok, if she's injured, I have some sympathy, but that doesn't excuse general disregard for everyone around.

#1643 luce76

luce76

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

At The Bodyguard yesterday afternoon I was being irritated by the woman in front of me constantly talking to the man with her  (and also repeatedly checking her phone) By the second half I had got so annoyed that I almost said something but decided against it (largely because we were right at the front and I didn't want to make more of a disturbance for the performers.) Afterwards, my friend said that the man was blind and the woman was explaining what was happening on stage. I am not sure how I feel about this. Obviously I have sympathy for the blind person, but does that mean the rest of us have to be disturbed? What do other people think?

There was also a very drunk woman near the back of the stalls. I heard some commotion from her, followed by some loud 'will you please be quiet'ing. Then when Rachel is about to start singing One Moment in Time, she said 'OH I LIKE THIS ONE' incredibly loudly. Oh well I am glad madam, now I can rest easy knowing that this is your favourite.

#1644 FireFingers

FireFingers

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

View Postluce76, on 24 March 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

At The Bodyguard yesterday afternoon I was being irritated by the woman in front of me constantly talking to the man with her  (and also repeatedly checking her phone) By the second half I had got so annoyed that I almost said something but decided against it (largely because we were right at the front and I didn't want to make more of a disturbance for the performers.) Afterwards, my friend said that the man was blind and the woman was explaining what was happening on stage. I am not sure how I feel about this. Obviously I have sympathy for the blind person, but does that mean the rest of us have to be disturbed? What do other people think?

I don't know what to think either. They do occasionally audio described performances, but seems to be only 1 in this booking period, no good if the trip is a holiday.

#1645 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Theatres provide captioned and audio described performances for a reason.

#1646 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

At Wicked last week, a woman near me decided it was appropriate to put her feet up on the empty seat in front of her. I just don't understand how some people's minds work.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#1647 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

What are the front of house doing?

#1648 Backdrifter

Backdrifter

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Moving, sleeping, eating, not being here

Gender says 'not telling' but, clue: I own some Y chromosomes

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostCaityGlinda, on 25 March 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

At Wicked last week, a woman near me decided it was appropriate to put her feet up on the empty seat in front of her. I just don't understand how some people's minds work.
I trust it wasn't the same woman mentioned earlier in the thread who took her shoes off and put her feet up, causing those nearby to reach for their gas masks.
Turn up the signal... wipe out the noise

#1649 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2093 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

This was after a show (he'd been performing in The Ladykillers) rather than during it ...

Clive Mantle has part of ear bitten off

Luckily he was taken to Casualty and had the ear sewn back together.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#1650 Duncan

Duncan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Have we done Abraham Lincoln?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users