2316 replies to this topic

#1651 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

No it was John Wilkes Booth that killed Abe Lincoln, nothing to do with anyone on here

#1652 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostThe Glenbuck Laird, on 26 March 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

No it was John Wilkes Booth that killed Abe Lincoln, nothing to do with anyone on here

Nothing to do with anyone on here as far as we know. Few people post under their real names. And you were suspiciously quick to jump in with a denial.
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#1653 CaityGlinda

CaityGlinda

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostBackdrifter, on 25 March 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I trust it wasn't the same woman mentioned earlier in the thread who took her shoes off and put her feet up, causing those nearby to reach for their gas masks.

Fortunately for those around her, she kept her shoes on! Not so fortunate for the poor guy who has to sit there next with all her dirty footprints.
[West End] Wicked x7 . The Phantom Of The Opera x4 . Les Miserables x4 . Oliver! x3 .The Lion King x2 . We Will Rock You x2 . Sister Act x2 . Blood Brothers x2 . Hair x2 . War Horse x2 . Love Never Dies . Jersey Boys . Avenue Q . Hairspray . The 39 Steps . Legally Blonde . Mamma Mia! . Deathtrap . The Wizard of Oz . Ghost the Musical . Billy Elliot . Singin' In The Rain . Top Hat . Sweeney Todd . Matilda . Loserville .
[Broadway]  Next to Normal . Wicked . Anything Goes . End of the Rainbow .
[UK Tour]  West Side Story (Salford) . Joseph (Sheffield) . Oklahoma! (Sheffield) . Blood Brothers (Sheffield) . Avenue Q (Sheffield) . Jekyll and Hyde (Sheffield) . Tell Me On A Sunday (Sheffield) . Journey's End (Sheffield) . The Phantom Of The Opera (Leeds) .
[Regional] Hamlet (Sheffield Crucible) . Othello (Sheffield Crucible) . Company (Sheffield Crucible) . My Fair Lady (Sheffield Crucible) . Oliver (Sheffield Crucible)

#1654 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostMatthew Winn, on 26 March 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

Nothing to do with anyone on here as far as we know. Few people post under their real names. And you were suspiciously quick to jump in with a denial.
  The worst theatre behaviour was surely in ancient Rome when punters often brought their own lions with them and there was no requirement to keep them on a lead...

#1655 jaqs

jaqs

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostDuncan, on 26 March 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Have we done Abraham Lincoln?

Are you suggesting he was offed due to bad behaviour at the show?
Eating too noisily and checking his scroll too often?

#1656 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Perhaps it is undocumented that Lincoln took off his shoes in his box and desribed everything to Mary Todd as the show went along.  Booth wasn't political, he was just a bit miffed.  A bit like Richard Griffiths when a phone goes off, but with more firepower and a greater historial impact.

#1657 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

German school group deciding not to sit in the seats state in their tickets last night, being rude to front of house staff when being told to sit in their actual seats, talking loud during the show, and a  group of 7 girls( in the middle of the row) deciding to take a trip to the toilet 5 minutes before the interval.

Don't get me started on the amount of shopping bags people had, they were offered to leave their bags in the cloakroom for free, but they decided to take them into the auditorium, I was actually hit on the head with a Primark bag.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#1658 John_Rebus

John_Rebus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

View Postwickedlover, on 27 March 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

German school group deciding not to sit in the seats state in their tickets last night, being rude to front of house staff when being told to sit in their actual seats, talking loud during the show, and a  group of 7 girls( in the middle of the row) deciding to take a trip to the toilet 5 minutes before the interval.[...]

Which show? Wicked?

I had a similar situation with an also German school group in Mamma Mia approx. two weeks ago, but definitely not as bad as you're describing - just the bad behaviour you'd usually expect from a school group (i.e. chatting during the show, checking their phones, not sitting still). First, their teachers tried their best shushing them down every now and then, but close to the interval they finally gave up.
As they didn't stop, I told them early in the second act (in English) to be quiet, since there are also other people who've actually paid to see the show and not listen to their chatter, but that didn't help either (but it was quite fun watching their reaction (in German, again), since they didn't know I perfectly understood them...)

It was also quite fascinating to watch when they arrived. At least they chose the seats they were assigned, but shifted them through the whole group - "A is stupid, I don't want to sit next to him/her", "I want to sit next to B" and so on...
"Some People are Worth Melting For." - Olaf, Snowman

#1659 wickedlover

wickedlover

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostJohn_Rebus, on 27 March 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

Which show? Wicked?

I had a similar situation with an also German school group in Mamma Mia approx. two weeks ago, but definitely not as bad as you're describing - just the bad behaviour you'd usually expect from a school group (i.e. chatting during the show, checking their phones, not sitting still). First, their teachers tried their best shushing them down every now and then, but close to the interval they finally gave up.
As they didn't stop, I told them early in the second act (in English) to be quiet, since there are also other people who've actually paid to see the show and not listen to their chatter, but that didn't help either (but it was quite fun watching their reaction (in German, again), since they didn't know I perfectly understood them...)

It was also quite fascinating to watch when they arrived. At least they chose the seats they were assigned, but shifted them through the whole group - "A is stupid, I don't want to sit next to him/her", "I want to sit next to B" and so on...

It was at We Will Rock You on Monday night.
LONDON
[2004] Mary Poppins - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
[2008] The Sound of Music - Wicked
[2009] Oliver! - Billy Elliot - Grease - Wicked - Avenue Q - Sister Act - Wicked - The Rise and Fall of Little Voice
[2010] Oliver! - Sister Act - The Lion King - Wicked - Sister Act
[2011] Legally Blonde - Jersey Boys - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical - Jersey Boys - Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Shrek the Musical
[2012] Ghost the Musical - The Wizard of Oz - Matilda the Musical - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Ghost the Musical - The Lion King - Les Miserables - Jest End - Shrek the Musical - Wicked - Wicked - The Woman in Black - Matilda the Musical
[2013] The Bodyguard - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - We Will Rock You - The Woman in Black - Wicked - The Book of Mormon - Les Miserables - Charlie & the Chocolate Factory - Billy Elliot - The Bodyguard - Wicked - Wicked
[2014] The Bodyguard - The Book of Mormon - Wicked - Matilda the Musical - Blithe Spirit - We Will Rock You - Wicked - Miss Saigon - Les Miserables - An Evening With Julie Andrews - Let The Right One In - The Bodyguard

BELFAST
[2004] Joseph (UK Tour)
[2007] Cats (UK Tour)
[2009] Evita (UK Tour x2) - Fame (UK Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour)
[2010] The Sound of Music (UK Tour x3)
[2011] Spamalot (UK Tour) - Avenue Q (UK Tour x2) - Dancing Shoes: The George Best Story - Joseph (UK Tour)
[2012] The King and I (UK Tour) - Grease (UK Tour) - Blood Brothers (UK Tour) - Legally Blonde (UK Tour x2) -   The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Jesus Christ Superstar (Arena Tour) - Chicago (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)
[2013] Soul Sister (UK Tour) - High Society (UK Tour) - Hairspray (UK Tour) - We Will Rock You (10th Anniversary Arena Tour) - 9 to 5 (UK Tour) - Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (UK Tour) - Evita (UK Tour x3) - Thriller Live (UK Tour) - Joseph (UK Tour) - Cats (UK Tour x2)
[2014] Singin' In The Rain (UK Tour) - Birdsong (UK Tour) - The Mousetrap (UK Tour) - Shrek the Musical (UK Tour) - One Man, Two Guvnors (UK Tour)

MANCHESTER
[2011] Mamma Mia (Int Tour) - Ghost the Musical (World Premier)
[2012] The Lion King (UK Tour)
[2013] Ghost the Musical (UK Tour) - Wicked (UK Tour x2)

DUBLIN
[2011] Sister Act (UK Tour)
[2012] The Phantom of the Opera (UK Tour)
[2013] Wicked (UK Tour)

#1660 TR252

TR252

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

I have to say, I know this is for bad behavior, but the audience at Matilda last night were good. There were two children with their parents in front of us and they must have been about 5 and 7? But they were so good. No fidgeting, chatting and the show had them transfixed the whole time. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users