#1841 glossie

glossie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostLynette, on 16 May 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Tonight at Relatively Speaking... two women who were charring away...

Sorry Lynette, I know (assume!) that is a typo...but I just love the thought of a couple of women in their overalls, scrubbing, dusting and vacuuming up and down the aisles during the play!

#1842 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5134 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

No typo...nah, of course it was but I like your vision!

#1843 The Glenbuck Laird

The Glenbuck Laird

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

A good story about FOH staff. I say good, started with bad FOH behaviour but they did redeem themselves. Went to see Abigail's Party at Milton Keynes last night. A group of ladies obviously been drinking, talked loudly through most of the first half. Too far away for the 'ssssshhhhh' to be effective we complained to FOH staff saying their performance was unacceptable. Second half started and so did the talking from the inebriated young girls. FOH staff immediately approached the ladies and told them to be quiet. A much quieter second half that does show what FOH staff can do.

#1844 peggy sue

peggy sue

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

We were at Peter and Alice yesterday afternoon when before the show started a lady in the box took pictures of the set. I was very happy to notice that one of the ushers had seen her and promptly went up to the box, took her camera and deleted the photos.

#1845 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postpeggy sue, on 19 May 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

We were at Peter and Alice yesterday afternoon when before the show started a lady in the box took pictures of the set. I was very happy to notice that one of the ushers had seen her and promptly went up to the box, took her camera and deleted the photos.
  Why would you be happy to notice that? What's the issue with photos of the set?

#1846 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Most venues don't allow photos inside the auditorium, especially of the set as that would be the same as taking pictures during the show.

#1847 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostPriscilla, on 19 May 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Most venues don't allow photos inside the auditorium, especially of the set as that would be the same as taking pictures during the show.

I don't understand that logic - of course it's not the same.  It would be disruptive during the show due to the performers performing and the lights being out so any camera flash or lit screen would be seen.  But before the show it's not annoying anyone, as there's nothing to watch onstage at that point!

I really don't see the harm in taking a set picture if there's no curtain, as long as all cameras are away for the start of the show.  I'm happy to admit I took a sneaky set picture at Once on Broadway, and I wasn't doing anything that would have bothered anyone!

#1848 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

In what way is it the same as taking a picture during the show? It doesn't disturb anyone (at least a lot of flashes can be annoying but no more so in a theatre than anywhere else. I know it's now standard for ushers to behave like this but I have no idea why.

#1849 Priscilla's heel

Priscilla's heel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

The producers of shows often don't want any pictures taking of any parts of their sets/shows for many reasons - copyright, you don't know where people are going to post their photos. I work in a venue and we are asked to stop customers taking photos of anything inside the auditorium.

#1850 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Copyright?  And why does it matter where people post their photos? I genuinely don't understand this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users