2323 replies to this topic

#1921 shelly

shelly

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

View Postcraftymiss, on 25 June 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

I had a similar experience a year or so ago in Bournemouth when I saw the Three Phantoms.  I complained to the management but they told me there was nothing could be done as they had paid for a ticket...errrr.....so had I.  It's a very tricky one as far be it for me to suggest certain members of the community should not be allowed to enjoy a show but it did ruin my evening as there was constant "mooing" throughout the show.

Funnily enough the same thing happened me at Three Phantoms at the New Wimbledon a couple of weeks ago.  I was sitting in the same row as the person and she practically screamed throughout the first half - she left a few minutes into the second half.  I know it's not anyone's fault, but I had been looking forward to the show for ages and found it very hard to concentrate ;(

#1922 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Postshelly, on 30 June 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Funnily enough the same thing happened me at Three Phantoms at the New Wimbledon a couple of weeks ago.  I was sitting in the same row as the person and she practically screamed throughout the first half - she left a few minutes into the second half.  I know it's not anyone's fault, but I had been looking forward to the show for ages and found it very hard to concentrate ;(

It might have been an enthusiastic Matthew Cammelle fan!

#1923 EmiCardiff

EmiCardiff

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Or John Owen Jones gatecrashing the concert ;)

At the Globe for a return visit to 'The Tempest' on Saturday night, Colin Morgan fangirls out in force. And while they could have been worse the 'awwing' whenever he did anything or Prospero was unkind to him was a bit much. Particularly when coupled with a shout we 'I love you' in response to the question 'Do you love me Master' (or words to that effect)

On that note, am I correct that this is the only Globe show to have a pre-show announcement about phones/cameras etc?
Blog with occasional reviews: http://fixedpointint...blogspot.co.uk/

Twitter with occasional theatre reviews and general nerdiness: @EmiGarside

#1924 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2097 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

They often do pre-show phone and camera anouncements - usually someone does it in character
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#1925 EmiCardiff

EmiCardiff

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Ah my mistake-I'd never seen it before, but yes it was in character and complete with a mexican wave as well....
Blog with occasional reviews: http://fixedpointint...blogspot.co.uk/

Twitter with occasional theatre reviews and general nerdiness: @EmiGarside

#1926 JME52K

JME52K

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Saw Priscilla in Leeds yesterday with Jason Donovan. When it got to the part where the 'girls' were attacked and a few choice words were used, you could quite clearly hear a couple having a conversation tutting and saying 'there was no swearing in Neighbours, I'm surprised at Jason Donovan, he was so nice in Strictly'. I think everyone in the place did a collective 'shush' (and it worked thank goodness).

#1927 alec_e10

alec_e10

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Went to A Chorus Line on Wednesday and as is the norm these days people sitting there with smartphone screens glowing in the dark as they text, people tucking into bags of sweets, all of which seemed to be wrapped in celophane and no end of people going to the toilet (what is it with peoples bladders these days?)
But to top it all there was a large group of young people sitting in the back of the stalls who kept having loud conversations with each other and then about two thirds through the show decided to walk out "en masse" causing a right racket as they left.

#1928 richard2711

richard2711

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Also at A Chorus Line last night, lights just going down and someone scurried right down the centre aisle and almost up on of the steps onto the stage! They then took ages to find a position which suited them. It was a mouse!!!

Human being wise though, there was a lady sitting in the row behind me who kept answering questions posed on stage and talking to the characters. As she was only in the third row, she MUST have been heard onstage! Uckily it didn't last the whole show.

#1929 Coggit

Coggit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

The Woman in Black tonight:

So, I don't want to sound like a douche here, although I might. So, we've just sat down about 5 minutes before it starts. No one is int he row infront of us. Eventually 4 extremely, extremely large ladies came and sat down infront of us - they were large in both height and weight. Because of their height, we literally couldn't see the stage but because of their weight, we were literally unable to look inbetween their heads. Not "bad behavior" persé... but still...

We asked to move seats as we literally couldn't see a thing. Everything is great. 20:05 - the performance still hasn't started.  People are continually coming in. Eventually a woman with an Asda bag and bags of popcorn comes in - of course, she's munching it throughout creating all sorts of racket. She got told off at the end of act 1 which was nice though.

THEN there was a woman who was eating ice. I mean chewing ice then spitting it back into the bottom of a plastic cup. Then tipping it back into her mouth and biting the ice again. The noice... Honestly... don't people realise they aren't the only people in the theatre?!?!

Then the bar staff. Half way through Act 2 we begin to hear a racket. It seems that the bar staff were washing the cups as loud as they possibly can.  You could hear the smashing of glasses as they were being chucked together...

I did like that the Fortune Theatre empty ALL sweets into plastic containers though so they rustling bags don't create much noice. All theatres should do this.
2013 Theatre
[West End] Shrek****, The Phantom of the Opera***, Spamalot****,The Phantom of the Opera*****, Viva Forever*, Jersey Boys****, This House***, The Book of Mormon*****, Marinda Sings Live! ***** (Booked for: Stephen Ward, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
[UK Tour] The Phantom of the Opera*****, Rocky Horror Show***, Hairspray****, The 39 Steps**, The Mousetrap***, Starlight Express****, Rocky Horror Show****

#1930 mrtheatre123

mrtheatre123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

At Charlie and the chocolate factory Wednesday night the woman longside me ate her dinner, a full plate of sushi, it stank!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users