You could have sneezed over it.
Just me, sorry.

#1932 JoshClark

JoshClark

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

At Les Mis last night, it was Geronimo's last night as JVJ, so the cheering and whooping was to be expected. However, there was a lady in front of me who thought it would be OK to take photos on her IPAD once the show had started! As if that wasn't enough, she talked all the way through Na-Young's I Dreamed A Dream and Rob's Empty Chairs. Thankfully a rather burly usher came and told her she was not allowed to take photos shorty after At The End of The Day, but it was so distracting in the early parts of the show! I fail to understand why some people show such disregard for rules, even after the pre-show announcement.
2012 THEATRE: Wizard of Oz, Blood Brothers, Sweeney Todd, Wicked

2013 THEATRE: Les Miserables, Rock of Ages, Peter and Alice, A Midsummer's Night Dream, Henry V, Billy Elliot, WWRY, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda

2014 Theatre: Another Country, Protest Song, Medea, Ballyturk, Once, Miss Saigon, The Pass, Birdland, Skylight, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Commitments, Memphis, Phantom, Coriolanus, Good People, A View From The Bridge, All My Sons, Blithe Spirit, The Crucible, Richard III, Water Babies

2013 TOURS: WWRY, Hairspray

Directing

2013: Privates On Parades, Blood Brothers, Rock of Ages, War Horse, The Tale of the Englishman and the Afghan

2014: Hero, If I Need You Will You Come, Running For Gold, Romeo and Juliet, Oh Sherrie!, A View From The Bridge

#1933 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

What did the announcement say? No cameras and turn off all mobiles? She probably assumed it didn't apply to her iPad!
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#1934 Music Man

Music Man

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

I was at Chorus Line last night (3rd visit) and the audience was the best I have experienced in any theatre for a longtime.  Attentive, no talking, no cameras etc and during Paul's monalogue towards the end you could have heard a pin drop

So refreshing to be able to enjoy a show totally undistrubed

#1935 Its_Emily

Its_Emily

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Dancing

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

At the Rock Of Ages matinee yesterday I kept hearing a weird noise behind me, I ignored for as long as I could but eventually I turned round and saw two girls hitting each other with inflatable guitars
Ex - Joseph Chorus Member (UK Tour June 2005- September 2006). I have seen: Joseph, Cats, Starlight Express (x2), Grease (x2),  Ghost The Musical (x2) The Rocky Horror Show, Beauty and the Beast, Rock Of Ages (x2), We Will Rock You (x2) and a ridiculous amount of pantomimes

#1936 Zippy

Zippy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostJoshClark, on 01 August 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

At Les Mis last night, it was Geronimo's last night as JVJ, so the cheering and whooping was to be expected. However, there was a lady in front of me who thought it would be OK to take photos on her IPAD once the show had started! As if that wasn't enough, she talked all the way through Na-Young's I Dreamed A Dream and Rob's Empty Chairs. Thankfully a rather burly usher came and told her she was not allowed to take photos shorty after At The End of The Day, but it was so distracting in the early parts of the show! I fail to understand why some people show such disregard for rules, even after the pre-show announcement.

Did no one around her think to tell her to turn it off as they found it distracting? Has the use of iPhones/iPads during shows  become so commonplace that people just put up with it now? Will only get worse if people just sit there doing nothing.

#1937 Catqc

Catqc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

I dont really understand the whole taking photos with iPads thing...it's way more unwieldy than a phone or camera as its so much bigger, which makes it especially bad to use in a theatre as it makes way more light!

#1938 Matthew Winn

Matthew Winn

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2898 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostCatqc, on 05 August 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

I dont really understand the whole taking photos with iPads thing...it's way more unwieldy than a phone or camera as its so much bigger, which makes it especially bad to use in a theatre as it makes way more light!

It's as if someone was using a phone camera and said "Well, I'm loving the fuzziness and graininess but it's just not bulky enough and I don't look enough of an idiot using it. Do you have it in six times the weight?"
I have always hated eggs. I remember back when I was a sperm I tried to head-butt one. It did not end well.

#1939 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Woman at Circle Mirror Transformation last week, which is in a very small community centre and she was in the front row, took her phone out constantly. Not to check the time or anything brief, proper scrolling through internet pages and texts. I was too far away to say anything but it was so annoying that nobody said *anything*

#1940 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

http://www.independe...ke-8745952.html
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users