#1981 Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Mrs Lovett's Meat Pie

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:PJ and Duncan

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Edward II this evening - b4 it started woman sat behind me loudly slagging off the size of my head!

#1982 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2096 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

I always carry a Frank Sidebottom head around with me to put on in situations like that.
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#1983 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2096 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

View Postxanderl, on 10 August 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

New one on me this afternoon - intermittent blue glow which turned out to be some tosser using an electronic cigarette

Interested to spot a sign at the Trafalgar listing electronic cigs among the list of devices not allowed in the auditorium
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#1984 theatre_kirsty

theatre_kirsty

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Ugh 2 girls sat on the front row next to me at A Chorus Line's last matinee. Sounded foreign and wouldn't shut up talking or were laughing at moments that were supposed to be touching, reflective and a bit sad. Kept looking at them and shhh-ing but no good. And they kept shakin the row by rocking back into their chairs. Grrrr!!!!

#1985 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1407 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

View Postxanderl, on 31 August 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Interested to spot a sign at the Trafalgar listing electronic cigs among the list of devices not allowed in the auditorium

Guessing theatre owners like ATG are cracking down on e-cigarettes, about time too.

#1986 drmaplewood

drmaplewood

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostMrs Lovett, on 30 August 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Edward II this evening - b4 it started woman sat behind me loudly slagging off the size of my head!

I get this a lot. I'm 6ft 6 tall so sometimes I am in some people's way but its not like I can do anything about it!

#1987 Coated peanut

Coated peanut

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

A tall friend of mine mainly books aisle seats since most people can see past him that way. If someone is very rude about his height, he might actually sit up straight for the remainder of the show....

#1988 craftymiss

craftymiss

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

I've only ever experienced good behaviour at "Once" but last nice was dreadful. One person's phone went off TWICE with an incredibly loud ringtone, someone in one of the boxes had their phone on texting/tweeting and her light lit up like a beacon, eventually FOH went and poked their head around the door to tell her to stop. I can not understand the mentality of someone who pays to go to the theatre and then spend 20+ minutes not watching (I imagine it would have been longer had FOH not intervened).  To add to the poor behaviour it was like Piccadilly Circus with people coming and going throughout the whole performance; up, down, up, down and not even having the manners to ensure their seat didn't lift up with a bang! It's the very first time I've ever been in the Upper Circle so have no idea if that played a factor as there seemed to be a lot of weak bladdered late teens/early 20 somethings that were obviously plugged into their technology. However, there was a woman sat behind me that rustled her way ALL the way through the show; crunch, much, rustle. I turned around a few times to indicate for her to stop but to no avail. She didn't even have the manners to stop it during the quiet moments! Shameful

#1989 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

At Fences today, fairly bad crowd, with lots of mobile phones going off (the person next to me had theirs on their lap at one point so they could receive a text), the odd conversation here and there and worst of all, when Lenny Henry revealed he was going to have an illegitimate child to his wife (it was the last day today, spoiler alert) half the stalls gasped in a Jeremy Kyle-esque way which made the other half of the stalls laugh at them.  There must have been a minute of reaction to that line and none of it can have been the sounds the actors wanted to hear.

#1990 poster J

poster J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1022 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

At A Midsummer Night's Dream yesterday 4 people in my row arrived late and made so much noise trying to get in to their seats (back row of the circle, which didn't help as there's not much room).  Then a girl in the middle of the row decided she couldn't wait for the interval and had to get out to the toilets, and she made so much noise trying to get out as well as she had to climb over about 10 people.  It was so distracting and completely unnecessary - the first act wasn't even an hour long!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users