#1991 Steffi

Steffi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Find me on twitter @Steffi_G

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Woman behind me at Wicked on Thursday decided to munch her way through a whole packet of crisps as soon as act two began. And that after she had spent half of act one blowing her nose in every quiet scene. Marvelous!

#1992 Monteverdi

Monteverdi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

I'm afraid Cabaret was all but ruined for me tonight by the general noisiness of the whole audience, but particularly the Will Young fans who decided they were not interested in the piece when Will was not on stage, and popped out to the loo or started texting or chatting. So ignorant and rude. What is it about audiences today that they can't concentrate or not go to the loo for an hour. Or connect with what they are watching.

#1993 *Michael*

*Michael*

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

At The Color Purple on Thursday evening there was a horrendous woman that kept 'heckling' loudly throughout the show.  It was in support of the characters, but insanely annoying.  For example, during one of the silent moments of "I'm here" she screamed "you're beautiful", completely killing the poignancy of the song.  The people around her were clearly getting annoyed but didn't say anything to her and the usher sat directly next to me did absolutely nothing.  Infuriating.

#1994 Honoured Guest

Honoured Guest

Dis Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2522 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

*Michael*, on 15 September 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Infuriating.

Enough to turn one the color purple.

#1995 Nicholas

Nicholas

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

At American Lulu on Wednesday, there were a series of walkouts (understandable, as it was shite).  It was being recorded for Radio 3, and it’s almost worth listening to bits to see if you can hear the many flops of seats and footsteps.  At the halfway point in this interval-less shite-trap, when a video was being played and most of the audience escaped, the people behind me (in the third row, so very close to the microphones) said (not whispered) “People are walking out all over the place!”  I do so hope that stays on Radio 3.

#1996 xanderl

xanderl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2079 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

Excellent!

I have a ticket for it but decided to write off the 20 and do something better with my evening
"witty ... both made me laugh but also gave me pause" - Mark Shenton, The Stage

#1997 Richey

Richey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

Some interesting comments here http://m.bbc.co.uk/n...t-arts-24262935

#1998 VDCNI

VDCNI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

Strange audience last night at Mojo including a coach trip of very elderly ladies - not the play for them surely. My mate and I headed to the stalls bar which was pretty quiet - there was room at the bar so we went to stand there to wait our turn to order when we discovered there was a "queue" (which seemed to consist of two women standing at one side of bar) very quickly as one american woman pretty much shoved me aside and made it clear she was next in a very agressive tone at which I was happy to agree since I wasn't even close to making an attempt to order and was still in the middle of a conversation with my friend. She then preceded to take a few more verbal pot shots at me and then, as I had moved out of her way to give her space, then moved back to where she had originally stood while waiting for her to drink forcing me to get out of her way again. I was so surprised I didn't say anything back like point out you can't queue in the Harold Pinter stalls bar like that as you'll be quickly out the door!

Then when we got to our seats two people standing next to their row as they were sitting at the aisle and waiting for everyone to come in had decided to drape their coats over my seat rather than their own and then spent most of the first half kicking the back of my chair.

Then in the interval we got to the bar quickly grabbed our pre ordered drinks and moved to the side shelf where no drinks are stacked to let other people get to theirs only to almost have them snatched by a very elderly lady - seriously she was on the verge of reaching between us and grabbing them even though I'd just taken a sip on mine. After we pointed out the back shelf where they were laid out she went off only to come back a few minutes later as her friends were now sitting next to us and claim loudly that her's were missing and aim a few dirty looks in our direction! She seemed to think that was more effective than going to the bar and asking what happened to her drinks though later on I noticed there were still some on the back wall!

#1999 Kathryn2

Kathryn2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

VDCNI, on 15 November 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

She seemed to think that was more effective than going to the bar and asking what happened to her drinks though later on I noticed there were still some on the back wall!

I expect she'd forgotten what she ordered!

#2000 Deal J

Deal J

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

VDCNI, on 15 November 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

She seemed to think that was more effective than going to the bar and asking what happened to her drinks though later on I noticed there were still some on the back wall!
I've either met the same woman or someone very similar at Private Lives a few months back. She took my wine from in front of me and when I told her it was mine she loudly declared "Well mine has been stolen, then!" - I politely suggested that a better solution would be to speak to the staff rather than steal mine.
My theatre blog: http://dealj.wordpress.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users