#62 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

It's irrelevant to the point so didn't really need to be mentioned. Think about it: if I posted "I was at a play and this fat woman started talking on her mobile phone", then that's not really acceptable. Sure, she shouldn't have been on the phone, but her hypothetical size had nothing to do with the issue, therefore the only reason I could have had for bringing it up would be if I had an issue with rotund people generally.

It's one of those unwritten rules of the internet; if you don't want to court controversy, then don't mention things that aren't strictly relevant when complaining. There are people out there who may now decide that Red Momma is racist simply for hazarding a guess at the nationality. Yes, people *are* that prickly and picky on the internet sometimes. wink.gif

Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#63 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 25 2010, 04:11 PM) View Post
No, I'm pretty sure the poster had a problem with the stench they sent around the theatre and not their race. I don't see how mentioning that they could be Japanese leads to him being rude?

Quite right. Politically correct nonsense.

#64 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

Can you really detect the smell Wagamama's like that?  That's quite a well honed nose.  Surely 45 minutes in is too late to be late?
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#65 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(dude-1981 @ Jul 25 2010, 06:21 PM) View Post
Can you really detect the smell Wagamama's like that? That's quite a well honed nose. Surely 45 minutes in is too late to be late?

Well honed nose or not people should not be allowed to bring take-away food or other food in to the theatre.

#66 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE(Weez @ Jul 25 2010, 04:47 PM) View Post
It's irrelevant to the point so didn't really need to be mentioned. Think about it: if I posted "I was at a play and this fat woman started talking on her mobile phone", then that's not really acceptable. Sure, she shouldn't have been on the phone, but her hypothetical size had nothing to do with the issue, therefore the only reason I could have had for bringing it up would be if I had an issue with rotund people generally.

Yes but calling someone fat is an insult. Stating their race isn't. Wagamamas is a noodle place and the staff are Japanese (atleast in the one near me) so it's not as irrelevant as you make it sound.
Anyways on with the bad behaviour stories, I love reading these.

#67 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 25 2010, 11:12 PM) View Post
Yes but calling someone fat is an insult. Stating their race isn't. Wagamamas is a noodle place and the staff are Japanese (atleast in the one near me) so it's not as irrelevant as you make it sound.
Anyways on with the bad behaviour stories, I love reading these.

Me too. I can't believe what some people do!!

#68 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

I'm just explaining why Jack picked up on your mentioning their nationality, that's all. smile.gif

I didn't think much of the audience at Duchess of Malfi on Saturday. If you're going to roam around hand-in-hand with your mates, refusing to wear your mask and chatting noisily, then why are you even THERE? I remember when Punchdrunk used to go out of their way to separate couples and groups, that was awesome. The atmosphere just isn't the same when they don't. sad.gif

Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#69 dude-1981

dude-1981

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

Apologies fairycake, I only now understand they had the food with them.  I assumed they had been for a meal and you were saying you could smell it on them, which was unusual. Makes sense now, and very much worthy of this thread!
If, for some strange reason you care what I've seen, it's all here:

http://pcchan1981.livejournal.com/

#70 cat123

cat123

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3354 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

The audience at Oliver on Thursday bugged me a bit, but I fully realise I was hyper sensitive to the slightest rustle or whisper because I had so been looking forward to the performance, I may be a little petty! But there was an older couple near me who loved all the comedy bits and seemed slightly bored with the quieter emotional bits and chose those times to whisper to each other. Probably the quietest, most emotional bit of the entire show (ALAHNM) was the one bit I most wanted to see. So erm, yes. SHUSH!

smile.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users