#71 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE(cat123 @ Jul 25 2010, 11:50 PM) View Post
The audience at Oliver on Thursday bugged me a bit, but I fully realise I was hyper sensitive to the slightest rustle or whisper because I had so been looking forward to the performance, I may be a little petty! But there was an older couple near me who loved all the comedy bits and seemed slightly bored with the quieter emotional bits and chose those times to whisper to each other. Probably the quietest, most emotional bit of the entire show (ALAHNM) was the one bit I most wanted to see. So erm, yes. SHUSH!

smile.gif

ALAHNM?

#72 Anthony

Anthony

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Theatre, film, travel, reading, walking

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(musicals fan @ Jul 22 2010, 06:38 PM) View Post
I won't bore readers here with my pet aversions in audience behaviour, but I would have thought that the behaviour of the two women at the Globe would have been made more difficult if you had made things as unpleasant as you could for them - nudges in the back with feet come to mind - and if that didn't work go to one of the many attendants they have; many of them are what are usually called "mature" ladies who I am sure would deal with these incidents quite effectively.

PS I must admit that I had never come across the term "making out" before and discovered (inevitably I suppose) that it is American slang. Nothing wrong with slang of course, but there are British expressions which can be quite effective.

Ah, Musicals Fan my secrets out! I suppose you call it snogging. It maybe an Americanism, however alas I am a mere Australian and thats what we call it where I come from.
Don't we get to be happy? At some point down the line, don't we get to relax without some new tsuris to push me yet further from you!

Who dare tell the lambs in Spring what fate the later season brings?

#73 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(armadillo @ Jul 26 2010, 10:47 AM) View Post
ALAHNM?

As Long As He Needs Me  wink.gif

#74 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(dude-1981 @ Jul 25 2010, 11:36 PM) View Post
Apologies fairycake, I only now understand they had the food with them. I assumed they had been for a meal and you were saying you could smell it on them, which was unusual. Makes sense now, and very much worthy of this thread!

Double confusion here then!!! It wasn't my post. I only commented that it was vile to bring your dinner and eat it during a theatre performance.

Just imagine if lots of people did it. Fish & chips, MacDonalds, Chinese takeaway, Indian takeaway......    The smells ugh!!!

#75 M.D

M.D

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:21 PM

I sat behind Kerry Ellis in Wicked once, she was bloody annoying.. pretty much reenacted the whole show in her seat, have you any idea how annoying it is to see someone do NGD in their seat!! Was tempted to smack her in the head and say stop...

#76 Weez

Weez

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2632 posts
  • Interests:Theatre. :D

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

I think anyone who's sat behind the hardcore dayseaters know how annoying it is to see someone do NGD in their seat. wink.gif

Notes from the Earlham Street Gutter
http://earlhamstreet...r.blogspot.com/

#77 JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

I've had a few encounters of bad behavoiur when seeing a show...

When i saw Avenue q last year..there was these 2 blokes infont of me, talking very louding and they we're slagging of the show saying this like 'god, this show is s**t.' and over exagerating yawns very loudly, luckly they did't come back after the interval!

Also at grease, had two women a few rows in front of me, trying to 'secretly' take photos of the show! They got a good telling off by the ushers, but we're still allowed to stay.

Also everytime i've seen jersey boys, there's always been people either next to me or infront of me that have come in late, they take forever to get seated and when they finally are, they starting chatting!
And i always seem to sit next to the person who's phone rings! last time i went, they person actually answered it and continued a conversation!

Yep and with the hardcore fans, hate it when they sit there and recite the show word for word!

Things like that are my true pet hates! grr.

#78 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(fairycake @ Jul 25 2010, 11:22 PM) View Post
Me too. I can't believe what some people do!!

OK
They were Japanese. because their tutor told me they were.  They were late beause they had been to Wagamamas and the smell was breaking wind
OK?

#79 fairycake

fairycake

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(Red Momma @ Jul 26 2010, 11:06 PM) View Post
OK
They were Japanese. because their tutor told me they were. They were late beause they had been to Wagamamas and the smell was breaking wind
OK?

I didn't doubt you!!! I couldn't care less what nationality they were. As I said before I can't believe what some people do!!  Disgusting eh?!

#80 Red Momma

Red Momma

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, my garden and my large family.
    I also enjoy travelling

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE(fairycake @ Jul 26 2010, 11:30 PM) View Post
I didn't doubt you!!! I couldn't care less what nationality they were. As I said before I can't believe what some people do!!  Disgusting eh?!

LOL
Thanks you are one of the saner ones
Next thing we know the PC brigade will be telling us that "I want to be in America" from West side Story is Racist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users