Caroline O'Connor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_theatre lover_*

Guest_theatre lover_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:22 PM

For Caroline Fans, there are a number of excellent quality vidoes on Youtube.com varying from live performance songs to footage of "Bombshells" the one woman play that brought her great success internationally. just search Caroline o connor in you tube. Hope you all enjoy.  rolleyes.gif

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:50 PM

I was watching this interview of her debuting on Broadway in Chicago and the scenes they showed made me REALLY REALLY wanna watch Caroline as Velma! Why can't they bring her into Chicago as Velma?! Roxie even, I know she did the role in the Ediburgh Festival? or somewhere ~
Anyway, her 'Look What Happened To Mabel' was FANTASTIC! LOVE HER!

#3 Mack Sennett

Mack Sennett

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:55 PM

Thanks for the tip-off theatre lover!! Caroline is just a STAR and excels at whatever she does.  It's bizaare that the producers of Chicago aren't knocking on her door to appear as Velma in the West End....she would be FAB!!  I can't wait to see her in On The Town again - saw her in the production two years ago and her performance blew me away!  Can never see enough of her in the West End.

#4 Out In The Sticks

Out In The Sticks

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Musical Theatre, watching and performing (amateur).....

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

Loved her in On the Town and whenever I watch Moulin Rouge now I watch out for her the most. God I love that film!!!

#5 Guest_RadioFan_*

Guest_RadioFan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

Is there any chance of Caroline touring with End Of The Rainbow?

#6 Guest_Guest_dave_*_*

Guest_Guest_dave_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

can't wait to see caroline give her all at the albert hall in may too.....................

#7 Guest_Guest_Jonesy_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jonesy_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

I would hope that End of the Rainbow will get a tour and West End run later in the year.  In the meantime, catch Caroline in On The Town and at the RAH - see her while you can - she's fantastic.

#8 Proman

Proman

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:00 AM

Im based in Australia and Caroline has been out here doing concerts for the Mardi Gras festival. She was fab as always and stole the show at the Hats Off concert which celebrated Kander and Ebb. 9Although she didn't do All that Jazz).

Now this may still be a rumour and not signed off yet, but word was she will to take over from Elaine Paige in The Drowsy Chaperone after the initial six months of EPs contract. Can't confirm but a few people on the night of Hats Off mentioned it.

She would be good casting and think she wants to stay in London after On the Town run.

We shall wait and see.

#9 Mack Sennett

Mack Sennett

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:05 PM

WOW!! Thanks Proman for the latest news on Caroline from down under! Would be great to see her in the Drowsy Chaperone after her run in On The Town.  A great versatile performer - still can't understand why we haven't seen her in the West End productions of Chicago (Velma) or Guys and Dolls (Adelaide) either!  Have booked to see her in On The Town again - am counting down the weeks! Glad you managed to get to see her in Oz Proman - sounds as if you had a treat.

#10 Felix

Felix

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

THIS WOMAN NEEDS TO BE ONSTAGE HERE IN THE WESTEND IN CHICAGO AS VELMA (I don't mind Roxie tongue.gif)

Pardon my capitals.... I just love this woman!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users