5 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

Two hours, no interval. Ladies you know what you have to do: go before it starts. Also the Barbican is so hot and miserable - no foyer entertainment, precious little food, airless, echoing, sloping, slippery floor.

Now for the play: a bit confusing; suggest modicum of homework before you go about the mathematician people, but absorbing when you get into the story about twenty minutes in. Loads of the Complicite movement, moving screens, good music, excellent acting..so many ideas you come out reeling: illusion/reality/infinity/death/race/empire/beauty/ethics of war...

#2 Guest_Guest_reich_*_*

Guest_Guest_reich_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(Lynette @ Sep 6 2007, 09:45 PM) View Post
Two hours, no interval. Ladies you know what you have to do: go before it starts. Also the Barbican is so hot and miserable - no foyer entertainment, precious little food, airless, echoing, sloping, slippery floor.

Now for the play: a bit confusing; suggest modicum of homework before you go about the mathematician people, but absorbing when you get into the story about twenty minutes in. Loads of the Complicite movement, moving screens, good music, excellent acting..so many ideas you come out reeling: illusion/reality/infinity/death/race/empire/beauty/ethics of war...

#3 Reich

Reich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(Lynette @ Sep 6 2007, 10:45 PM) View Post

(Err not sure what happened above. Is the guest posting back?)

Anyway I quite agree. A very moving and thought provoking piece. I wish I had done my homework before hand though as a lot of maths stuff went over my head.

Broadway has been very good to me. But then, I've been very good to broadway.

#4 Sam Nash

Sam Nash

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:35 AM

Personally I can't wait (and have my tickets).  I love their work.

Thanks for the warning about the 2 hours and no interval!

#5 Boob

Boob

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:28 PM

Going next week.  What should I brush up on?

#6 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

You need to know the basic story of the two mathematicians, GH Hardy and Srinivasa Ramanujan, a story which was in last week's Time Out and loads of other places, the Sundays etc.  I think you can prob look it up somewhere. You need to know the general sweep of 20th century events; it goes back and forward in time. Go, enjoy. It stays with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users