8 replies to this topic

#1 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:34 PM

Sorry, Job, if I have missed your postings. Are you with us?

#2 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:41 PM

I don't know if Job is out there but there are clearly a few "guests" who are old hands but haven't yet delcared themselves.  Who knows Lynette maybe your welcoming cyber smile will entice them back.

Oh and congratulations on becoming an advanced member.  wink.gif

#3 Jan Brock

Jan Brock

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2756 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:51 PM

Is Achilles here ? I like him, with his tirades against the ruling junta of the Royal Exchange and his hints about what he has directed.

#4 Guest_Guest_Job_*_*

Guest_Guest_Job_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

Nice to be missed, Lynette! Yes, this is my first posting since the big crash, although I did register a week or so back. To be honest, I can't get my middle-aged head around this new-fangled message board. I used to like seeing all the headings at a glance, but now you have to burrow deep into the discussion board to get any kind of overview of what people are talking about.  huh.gif

I did post a brief user review for The Soldier's Fortune a few days ago - merely to say that I'd walked out of it at the interval. (Actually it was earlier than that.) But I've been incredibly busy with a big show I'm directing (only schoolkids - don't get the wrong idea of what I do for a living) so I've not had time to fall in love with the new WOS. It's as much as I can do to switch the sound off when Porgy and Bloody Bess start glitzing at me.  angry.gif

The emoticons are fun, though. So are the obscene posters and spammers who seem to have multiplied since registration began. That's done the trick, then.

But I will try to get back in the WOS habit. Here are two quickies for starters: I belatedly caught Thérèse Raquin at the National. Vivid and atmospheric, with sensational lighting and a great cast, but it didn't even come close to matching Zola's original novel for lip-smacking gothic nastiness. And, for a bit of bathos, the day before yesterday I foolishly succumbed to an invitation to see an Agatha Christie - the new tour of The Unexpected Guest. Guessed the solution within 20 minutes (as will you) then dozed fitfully through the next two hours of Joe Harmston's dreary direction. Moribund rubbish.

Love to everyone, and see you again when the show's over.

Job

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:35 PM

Well, I THOUGHT I'd registered. Beyond me, this board. Might have to start writing to The Times instead.

Job

#6 Guest_Skylight_*

Guest_Skylight_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hi Job

Don't desert to the Times; you just need to log in before you post.  wink.gif

#7 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:54 AM

You have to log in each time as well as register. Even if you click on 'Remember Me' when you log in, you'll still get logged out sometimes and obviously you have to log in on different computers.

#8 Job

Job

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the advice, everybody. Now let's see if my log-in worked this time...

Job
With the ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding.

#9 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5142 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:51 PM

Great to see you. Hope the show goes well. It is harder to see what the threads are about , strangely , I find with this new site. And do lots of messages when you have time so you can become 'advanced' in your membership. Very important.  rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users