99 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:17 PM

Public booking at the Donmar opens on 15th October. Accepting that it will be almost impossible to get a ticket, has anyone any hints as to the best way to try? Is it just a question of going to the Donmar on the 15th? It seems to me that all seats may be sold through priority booking so that even turning up personally will not work. All suggestions will be gratefully received.

#2 Guest_anon_*

Guest_anon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:22 PM

If you're in London before the 15th, just pop into the box office and ask what the best way of getting a ticket is. Or maybe just join as a member to ensure you get a ticket.

#3 Lynette

Lynette

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 5146 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

I have seen queues at the Donmar waiting outside when it has been a 'sell out' and the first few do get in. People who find they can't make it are usually very considerate for a hit show like this [ well we don't know yet how good it is going to be, we hope..] and so they call and then the box office knows it has seats and they hang on at the beginning for a mo or two to fill the seats. So..get there very very early on the day you want - a Monday maybe and wait. Or find a supporter who owes you one and get them to call up and get an extra ticket for you. Or make friends with Harold Pinter who is always there or another celeb.
Or just be quick off the mark on 15th and book a ticket in the usual way. Supporters are limited to 4 so there will be tix available.

#4 armadillo

armadillo

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

There's still time to join as a Friend and get early tickets. I know it adds up if you are a Friend of too many theatres but I think if you only pick one theatre to support, the Donmar is probably the one to go for as they do have shows which completely sell out. Though still probably not that frequently - was the last total sell-out Uncle Vanya/Twelfth Night? (I remember getting tickets for Frost / Nixon on the day the reviews came out which won't be possible for this)

#5 bananafrit

bananafrit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:12 PM

The Donmar have stopped taking new friends for priority booking for Othello now. Public booking opens 15th october. Max of 4 tickets per person.

#6 Alexandra

Alexandra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1779 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:46 AM

We've already covered this somewhere else Daniel - as Lynette says, since supporters can only get 4 tickets per person there will be thousands of tickets left for pubic booking, so just get in early on 15th.

#7 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Alexandra @ Sep 13 2007, 09:46 AM) View Post
We've already covered this somewhere else Daniel - as Lynette says, since supporters can only get 4 tickets per person there will be thousands of tickets left for pubic booking, so just get in early on 15th.
I got my tickets today. Hurrah!  smile.gif

Sebastian

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(curzon @ Sep 14 2007, 10:53 PM) View Post
I got my tickets today. Hurrah! smile.gif

Sebastian

Thank you Sebastian - most helpful sad.gif

#9 curzon

curzon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(Daniel @ Sep 14 2007, 11:00 PM) View Post
Thank you Sebastian - most helpful sad.gif
Sorry....but I did pay out to become a friend.  dry.gif

Sebastian

#10 Statler

Statler

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:39 PM

Any chance of some info from those who have bought tickets recently so we can get some idea of just how heavy ticket sales have been on this?  Roughly when have you booked for, weekend or midweek, and how much choice did you have in booking seats?  Would be useful to know for those of us waiting for the public sale.  Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users